2022 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My bad I saw the T dude had way too many e’s in his name. Lol.
Talk about a massive dude. I'm assuming some of this is exaggerate but the Gophers roster has the dude listed at 6'9" 380 pounds and I'm not sure it's too far from the truth. I mean you want to add size to the trenches look no further. But he is also a RT. Not sure how much sense that makes with Collins and Steele already at RT.

I don't hate the player at all though. He actually intrigues me some. And he moves people. He is just so tall and long that he is purely an OT.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Talk about a massive dude. I'm assuming some of this is exaggerate but the Gophers roster has the dude listed at 6'9" 380 pounds and I'm not sure it's too far from the truth. I mean you want to add size to the trenches look no further. But he is also a RT. Not sure how much sense that makes with Collins and Steele already at RT.

I don't hate the player at all though. He actually intrigues me some. And he moves people. He is just so tall and long that he is purely an OT.
Do we care to keep Collins?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was a good watch. I think the film guy makes him sound a little more powerful than he looks but I also think he looks really hard to move because of size and the way he sinks his hips. He also has massive grip strength which is great. Half of what made Tyron great for so long.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That was a good watch. I think the film guy makes him sound a little more powerful than he looks but I also think he looks really hard to move because of size and the way he sinks his hips. He also has massive grip strength which is great. Half of what made Tyron great for so long.
Considering he actually has legit position flex potential at LT on top of looking like a ready made starting OG, that's about as good as you're going to get at 24.

• Props

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That and the snatch/trap he used to do when his feet were lighter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering he actually has legit position flex potential at LT on top of looking like a ready made starting OG, that's about as good as you're going to get at 24.
Yeah I think his feet look kind of slow to play LT at the next level but I could be wrong. Plenty for guard though. I think he is a plug and play LG for 10 years. Worth a first for sure.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I think his feet look kind of slow to play LT at the next level but I could be wrong. Plenty for guard though. I think he is a plug and play LG for 10 years. Worth a first for sure.
He's definitely not an ideal LT prospect, which is why he's being projected primarily as a OG, but he has the arm length and was actually pretty awesome playing LT against Alabama.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I find it hard to believe we would have to go into a draft prioritizing OG. It can't be that hard to sign a decent one in FA. Just one that isn't a fucking turnstile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it hard to believe we would have to go into a draft prioritizing OG. It can't be that hard to sign a decent one in FA. Just one that isn't a fucking turnstile.
I think my plan right now would be to move Collins to LG. I actually think Steele is a comparable RT. Put Collins at LG and have him focus there all offseason. And if we find a legit LG change plans. But as of today, Smith, Collins, Biadasz, Martin and Steele would be my plan. With McGovern and Ball as your interior and exterior backups doesn't look too bad. I actually think a good Oline coach could do well with that group. And then if find a stud in the draft anywhere on the Oline you can change plans.

It also eliminates any big need for a guard in free agency where we won't spend money anyway.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think my plan right now would be to move Collins to LG. I actually think Steele is a comparable RT. Put Collins at LG and have him focus there all offseason. And if we find a legit LG change plans. But as of today, Smith, Collins, Biadasz, Martin and Steele would be my plan. With McGovern and Ball as your interior and exterior backups doesn't look too bad. I actually think a good Oline coach could do well with that group. And then if find a stud in the draft anywhere on the Oline you can change plans.

It also eliminates any big need for a guard in free agency where we won't spend money anyway.
the only question I have with the group you list there is Biadasz. I think we need to make a tough decision at center, he's making me miss the shit out of Fred beard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only question I have with the group you list there is Biadasz. I think we need to make a tough decision at center, he's making me miss the shit out of Fred beard.
Yeah I still hold out hope for him. He got better as the year went on and it was his first season as a starter. I think in the end he was an average starter.

But I also have no problem drafting a center. Especially one who could play guard as well.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I still hold out hope for him. He got better as the year went on and it was his first season as a starter. I think in the end he was an average starter.

But I also have no problem drafting a center. Especially one who could play guard as well.
I would like to see what McGovern looks like at center. LG was not so much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to see what McGovern looks like at center. LG was not so much.
I just want McGovern to focus on one spot. He has been a RG, worked at center and then started some at LG this year. Stick the guy at LG and leave him there.

• Props

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Farniok might even have a chance. He looked to me like he needed a good year in a pro weight program but he has some good qualities if he can add that weight and strength.

• Props
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom