2021 Season, Week 8 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Vikings | 10/31/21

data

Forbes #1
Honestly, it feels too early to do this. There doesn't seem to be a lot of losses on any of the schedules, but it's still so early it's impossible to make sense of. A lot of variables are left.
Exactly.

I'm just happy taking it one week at a time and enjoying watching this team play.
Gonna have to run it up against our division.
Here's the litmus test...who you rooting for WFT vs Tampa Bay next week?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep. We have very little margin for error. The 1 seed this year will probably be a 2 or 3 loss team at most.
Seems unlikely unless the Bucs only lose 0 or 1 more games.

I don't see the Rams/Cardinals/Packers finishing with only 2-3 losses based on their schedules.

data

Forbes #1
2008 - Season after our #1 seed and height of Romomania, Romo goes down for three games and we go 1-2, most shockingly losing to the 2-14 Rams. We miss the playoffs at 9-7

2013 - Romo out one game this season and it's Do-or-Die Week 17 and we lose with Kyle Orton, missing the playoffs

2014 - Romo out one game this season and we lose to the Cardinals and finish worst seed in three-way 12-4 tie with Seahawks #1 and Packers #2 forcing the Wild Card Detroit game and Green Bay road NFC Divisional game.

--------

It's nice to win an intraconference game without our starting QB that may have important playoff implications.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yeah. One or two plays yesterday that I specifically saw LVE look lost. What the hell was Williams looking at on the fumble? I was don mad at him. He looked at the ball like “someone should get that.” He was the closest one.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yes. Romo was pretty damn supportive of Dak in 2016 and that was when the man actually took his job.
He lost his starting gig to a 4th round rookie. And we also landed Zeke to replace DeMarco. Yeah, he was excited for Dak....

The speech was very nice and all, Tony wasnt hugging Dak:

Romo knew the reality, but he asked the Cowboys to give him a chance to win the starting job back during practice sessions and the Cowboys said no, according to a report.

"When he came out and said it, in the end, I don't think it took him long to figure that wouldn't be a great thing for the team," Cowboys COO Stephen Jones told mmqb.com. "We've got a good thing, and no one wants Dak looking over his shoulder."

Game, set and match. Say bye bye Tone. Not a happy ending for the unheralded and undrafted Romo.

Top Bottom