2021 Season, Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Panthers @ Cowboys | 10/3/21

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
like he said, keep throwing's it his way, when asked why they keep targeting him so much when he keeps getting picks..teams might go one direction and diggs island will be thing :) but will it expose Brown even more lewis? maybe when KJ and wright get little more comfortable they get integrated, slowly.

ZeroClub

UFA
While I'd strongly consider moving Collins for a 1 my inclination is to keep all 3 given how difficult it is to find OT depth and how cheap Steele is over the next few years.

There's also a possible scenario 3-4 years from now when Smith presumably retires where either him or Collins moves to LT with the other at RT.
Keeping all three would be great.

I was in favor of drafting Slayter over Parsons. Had that happened, Steele wouldn't be getting snaps, wouldn't be developing, and all of us would assume Steele is a JAG. Interesting how things are working out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
like he said, keep throwing's it his way, when asked why they keep targeting him so much when he keeps getting picks..teams might go one direction and diggs island will be thing :) but will it expose Brown even more lewis? maybe when KJ and wright get little more comfortable they get integrated, slowly.
Well when you have an island like that you can start rolling coverages and giving extra help to the other corners. That's essentially why a top flight corner can be valuable. It's easy to say just target Brown or Lewis. But when they both have help Brown is able to jump short routes and make it more difficult to pass against him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I was in favor of drafting Slayter over Parsons. Had that happened, Steele wouldn't be getting snaps, wouldn't be developing, and all of us would assume Steele is a JAG. Interesting how things are working out.
Last year when we clung to Steele I was baffled. I thought he looked like hot garbage and had no idea why they even wasted a roster spot on him. It's a pretty stellar job by whoever recognized the talent and realized he was worth developing.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life

and i was dead set against that

it was an overreaction form 2020...we needed studs on defense..im betting at soem point TYN will also be serviceable when called upon....

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
Last year when we clung to Steele I was baffled. I thought he looked like hot garbage and had no idea why they even wasted a roster spot on him. It's a pretty stellar job by whoever recognized the talent and realized he was worth developing.
its stellar that fans continue to see themselves as professional talent evaluators from watching tv and using keyboard to make virtual moves lol they are wrong more then not..;)

p1_

DCC 4Life
Philbin?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They have a very solid defense overall though, they were just playing a top 3-5 offense in the league.
Exactly. They are not the elite defense their stats might indicate this early in the season.

Especially now :)

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
and i was dead set against that

it was an overreaction form 2020...we needed studs on defense..im betting at soem point TYN will also be serviceable when called upon....
TYN?

p1_

DCC 4Life
So what went wrong, or where do we have concerns?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Osa is on pace for like 8 or so sacks as a rookie, which would probably be the most for an interior DL in about 10 years, so it might end up being him.
I'm pleasantly surprised with Osa but he's still in early Tyrone Crawford territory until proven otherwise. Yes I'm aware the most sacks Crawford ever had was 5, I'm just saying -- mid round DL, early success, a bit overdrafted. There are similarities. We will see, don't want to get ahead of ourselves penciling him in as a cornerstone just yet. A four year rookie contract is a long time.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I thought he was talking about Ty Law.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's starting to really feel like we hit a home run on this pick. I know he needs to prove it over the long haul but this isn't a head case like Irving. This is a guy who has worked his ass off his whole life as an athlete. I'm really excited not only about where he is but what he could become. And no I don't think this is Crawford all over again. Crawford flashed but he never showed us this consistent of production.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a little concerned about Dalton fumbling the ball so much.
The first one I forgive him on. The second it just seemed like he should have made a move but instead ran right into the guy. Schultz will be ok but despite his stats he kind of had an off game.

Ball security is huge though. We are killing it on turnover differential and we can't afford silly fumbles.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom