2021 Season, Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Panthers @ Cowboys | 10/3/21

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would hope that we can jump on them early and put them away.
As Sturm pointed out these are the kinds of games that Garrett's squads usually laid eggs. I'm interested in seeing how the new staff and this new group of players handle praise.

So far I like the mindset of guys like Dak and Diggs. They're wary of taking the cheese.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bacon Cheeseburgers with jalapenos and Nathans Famous Fries chased by Sam Adams Octoberfest today for me. :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get that the timeline for development has been shortened on these guys but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be thrown out there immediately.

The thing that gets me is they (Bears fans and former players & coaches in the media) were screaming for Fields to be thrown out there as if the other rookie QBs were lighting the world on fire. But every week those other QBs are throwing 2+ INTs and taking tons of sacks. I could somewhat understand the fans frustration if they didn't have a better QB sitting in front of Fields and if the other rookies were looking solid. But that ain't the case.
You know it seems like back in the day rookies would start, they would suck but they would learn. And then they would progress and get better in year two and three. The development just doesn't seem that way anymore. You either have to sit and learn or you're a QB who succeeds right away Ala Dak. The guys thrown out there who struggle just seem to be replaced after 2 - 3 years. Josh Allen I guess sucked as a rookie but developed on the fly and has become pretty good.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As Sturm pointed out these are the kinds of games that Garrett's squads usually laid eggs. I'm interested in seeing how the new staff and this new group of players handle praise.
Yeah, except Carolina might be legitimately good. Hard to say with the easy schedule they've played so far, but it's possible. So just because the game is tough doesn't necessarily mean the team had the wrong attitude.

In fact I'm getting more wary of this team the closer we get. I have a feeling our offense is in for a tougher time than they've faced all year, so they better be prepared if things don't go well at times.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, except Carolina might be legitimately good. Hard to say with the easy schedule they've played so far, but it's possible. So just because the game is tough doesn't necessarily mean the team had the wrong attitude.

In fact I'm getting more wary of this team the closer we get. I have a feeling our offense is in for a tougher time than they've faced all year, so they better be prepared if things don't go well at times.
I don’t know, man. That Tampa defense is pretty damn stout.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I think the Bucs were a tougher challenge, at least up front. Tampa's problem is they're thin as hell on the backend. Carolina's kind of in the same position. Strong up front but they're dealing with some issues in the secondary. This will be by far the toughest test that defense has had so far. Frankly I have more questions about their legitimacy than I do Dallas'.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im not worried.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Regarding Aaron Jones losing pendant that contained his father's ashes. Why the hell would you play football wearing something that important in the first place?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Regarding Aaron Jones losing pendant that contained his father's ashes. Why the hell would you play football wearing something that important in the first place?
Thats just dumb.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I finally had some proper Nashville hot chicken last night and now I'm in love. Got it from some small chain restaurant called King of the Coop. 3 good sized chicken tenders that were juicy, spicy, and lightly breaded. ~chef's kiss

The only previous experience I've had with Nashville hot chicken was with KFC about 5 years ago when they were selling it. That shit was horrid. It was nothing but chicken smothered in some greasy mixture of vegetable oil and cayenne pepper.

That scarred me and I never had Nashville hot chicken again until last night.

Top Bottom