2021 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread, Saturday Night | 12/25/21

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We can bring this back up in the chatter thread tomorrow. I'm an old fuck and will see you assholes in the morning.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess we get the caged animal next week.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Reich is a real good coach.

I was at the comeback game in Buffalo when he was in for Jim Kelly. Down 35-3 at halftime in playoffs vs Warren Moon and the Oilers at Rich Stadium. Unbelievable game. Good thing we beat the Bills in the Super Bowl. I hate the Bills.
Dude I was at Maryland when he threw six TDs to lead a Terps comeback over U of Miami to win 42-40 after being down 31-0 at halftime.

It’s in his DNA

data

Forbes #1
Rank the following QBs if you had to choose one of them for one season:
  • Carson Wentz
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Matt Ryan
  • Derek Carr

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Observations on Packers/Browns:
– The Packers don't beat themselves
– No stupid, drive-killing penalties, false starts, holding, etc.
– Rodgers is amazing, lightning-quick release, pinpoint accurate
– He doesn't take sacks, gets rid of the ball first
– He rarely throws picks
– They're patient, methodical, very few mistakes
– If they get home-field advantage throughout, beating them in GB will be a mountain to climb

No matter what anyone thinks of Dak, Dallas fans should be glad Baker Mayfield is QB on another team

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Observations on Packers/Browns:
– The Packers don't beat themselves
– No stupid, drive-killing penalties, false starts, holding, etc.
– Rodgers is amazing, lightning-quick release, pinpoint accurate
– He doesn't take sacks, gets rid of the ball first
– He rarely throws picks
– They're patient, methodical, very few mistakes
– If they get home-field advantage throughout, beating them in GB will be a mountain to climb

No matter what anyone thinks of Dak, Dallas fans should be glad Baker Mayfield is QB on another team
It would be a scoring race with the Packers. Their defense is their weak link, especially the run D. If the early season Dallas/Dak offense shows back up, we can hang with the Packers.

Rodgers only kryptonite would be his toe, but the guy already beat us on one leg so I have zero illusions the toe is going to derail them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It would be a scoring race with the Packers. Their defense is their weak link, especially the run D. If the early season Dallas/Dak offense shows back up, we can hang with the Packers.

Rodgers only kryptonite would be his toe, but the guy already beat us on one leg so I have zero illusions the toe is going to derail them.
If we had won by 2 (and by roughly 15-20 yards) after a +4 TO margin and only scoring 24 points everybody here would be pissing down their leg about it.

Winning there would be tough, yes, but ultimately I think it comes down to how well we play. We wouldn't need some otherworldly, legendary, once in a season type performance, if we just played one of our top 5 games of the year and didn't kill ourselves with stupid mistakes I think we'd win.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hell, if we're the 2 or 3 seed who's to say we'd even face the Packers anyway? Even assuming we're good enough to win 2 playoff games to get to the championship game, the Packers haven't exactly been lighting up teams, they could easily lose to Tampa Bay or Los Angeles.

I'm not too worried about it if we can avoid the 4 seed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hell, if we're the 2 or 3 seed who's to say we'd even face the Packers anyway? Even assuming we're good enough to win 2 playoff games to get to the championship game, the Packers haven't exactly been lighting up teams, they could easily lose to Tampa Bay or Los Angeles.

I'm not too worried about it if we can avoid the 4 seed.
Yea they could just as easily lose that first game as we could, particularly if it's the Rams or Tampa.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would never turn down HFA and a bye but playing them in Lambeau might really not be a bad thing with how our team profiles right now. If Prescott lights it up in the comfy dome the next 2 games I'll change my opinion, but right now it's obviously our defense and a ball control offense that's winning us games.
This is an interesting and fair point you brought up. Given Prescott and the offense's struggles in recent weeks, it probably would be better for the Cowboys to take their chances out in the wintery elements of Green Bay. If you put Rodgers and that offense in a nice climate controlled setting like AT&T Stadium, there are fairly good odds that they're going to score close to 30. I doubt this Cowboys offense could keep up with Green Bay's offense under pristine playing conditions. So maybe playing out in the elements levels the playing field a bit more.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yea they could just as easily lose that first game as we could, particularly if it's the Rams or Tampa.
Agreed. If we aren't the first seed, second is probably best case scenario. GB could lose before we see them. No one else scares me at home.

Top Bottom