2021 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread, Saturday Night | 12/25/21

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Reich has done a nice job of reclaiming Wentz.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Reich is a real good coach.

I was at the comeback game in Buffalo when he was in for Jim Kelly. Down 35-3 at halftime in playoffs vs Warren Moon and the Oilers at Rich Stadium. Unbelievable game. Good thing we beat the Bills in the Super Bowl. I hate the Bills.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
DPOY thoughts. With Myles Garrett banged up with a groin injury he didn't do much today. He was already behind Micah in latest odds. TJ Watt was in 1st. But shit, if the Steelers don't make the playoffs and it's a toss up between Micah and TJ it should go to Parsons.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Redirect - Describe the second worst car accident you’ve been in
Flipped a Jeep cj5 upside down when I was 13 or 14, don't remember exactly

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Packers are obviously a very good team but they're not some juggernaut like some in the media would have you believe. Most of the media hot takes/fan perceptions are just wild swings based on the last thing people saw, so the fact that the Packers are 1 game up in the conference probably means that they're a monster team to a lot of people, but I digress.

They're good, Rodgers can obviously make otherworldly throws, their defense is opportunistic, but they aren't dominant overall. Their passing game is kind of just Adams and a bunch of intricate/nuanced screens. Their running game and the screen game is where they really kill you. Rodgers isn't just dropping 12 dimes a game into tight coverage (he can do that at times) but a lot of it really is just a very precise screen game and Rodgers/Adams having a crazy mind meld, plus their 2 headed running game.

If his foot keeps getting knocked around and twisted he's not going to be able to make as many off script plays and if you can limit Adams and not give up cheap yards in the screen game I think they're very susceptible with a defense that can be beaten on the ground.

I would never turn down HFA and a bye but playing them in Lambeau might really not be a bad thing with how our team profiles right now. If Prescott lights it up in the comfy dome the next 2 games I'll change my opinion, but right now it's obviously our defense and a ball control offense that's winning us games.

Mix in Rodgers' broken toe getting stiff/potentially losing feeling in sub-freezing temperatures and that might be as good a bet as letting him get comfortable in a temperate dome.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Packers are obviously a very good team but they're not some juggernaut like some in the media would have you believe. Most of the media hot takes/fan perceptions are just wild swings based on the last thing people saw, so the fact that the Packers are 1 game up in the conference probably means that they're a monster team to a lot of people, but I digress.

They're good, Rodgers can obviously make otherworldly throws, their defense is opportunistic, but they aren't dominant overall. Their passing game is kind of just Adams and a bunch of intricate/nuanced screens. Their running game and the screen game is where they really kill you. Rodgers isn't just dropping 12 dimes a game into tight coverage (he can do that at times) but a lot of it really is just a very precise screen game and Rodgers/Adams having a crazy mind meld, plus their 2 headed running game.

If his foot keeps getting knocked around and twisted he's not going to be able to make as many off script plays and if you can limit Adams and not give up cheap yards in the screen game I think they're very susceptible with a defense that can be beaten on the ground.

I would never turn down HFA and a bye but playing them in Lambeau might really not be a bad thing with how our team profiles right now. If Prescott lights it up in the comfy dome the next 2 games I'll change my opinion, but right now it's obviously our defense and a ball control offense that's winning us games.

Mix in Rodgers' broken toe getting stiff/potentially losing feeling in sub-freezing temperatures and that might be as good a bet as letting him get comfortable in a temperate dome.
If the Browns had rode the running game into easy fg range with just a few seconds left they had a great chance of winning

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Browns had rode the running game into easy fg range with just a few seconds left they had a great chance of winning
Yea, that was just a really long way of me saying the Packers can be had. You never know what will happen in any individual game but if we play near our best we can beat them in Dallas, Green Bay or anywhere else.

data

Forbes #1
Twitter shows #redsea and #fortheshoe for Cardinals and Colts. 49ers are #faithful or #goldblooded. I don’t know how corny the other teams get, but seems like ours is #cowboysnation #wedemboyz and #DC4L.

I cringe when I hear Cowboys Nation, but in comparison, I guess cowboysnation isn’t that bad.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don’t trust any grown man who wears skinny jeans.

I’ll judge him when he doesn’t have Jesus Christ at QB.
Fuck Aaron Rodgers. I hate that man.

Cotton

Staff member
Describe the worst car accident you’ve been in
Came around a curve and hit an old man that was backing up in the middle of a 75 mph highway because he missed his turn.He hit me on the driver's side right quarter panel and barely missed the driver side door. I was 4 inches from death that day, and that is no exaggeration.

Cotton

Staff member
Hey guys. Great idea. Let's dredge up memories of accidents where you possibly lost friends or family.
I almost died, so yeah, point stands.

Cotton

Staff member
Redirect - Describe the second worst car accident you’ve been in
Culvert, brother driving, chin busted open. Ran off the road and walked down to a house (pre cellphones)) to find a house to make a phone call.

Wanna know my best ran out of gas story, cause I got one of those too.

Cotton

Staff member
Culvert, brother driving, chin busted open. Ran off the road and walked down to a house (pre cellphones)) to find a house to make a phone call.

Wanna know my best ran out of gas story. cause I got one of those too.
Fuck, I actually have two of those.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I almost died, so yeah, point stands.
My worst was a drunk illegal meskin driving a flatbed full of bricks ran a red light and t-boned me, thank God I was by myself so I didn't have to hunt him down and end up in prison for endangering my fam

Top Bottom