2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Greedy is another way of saying you got arrogant and went for too much, likely because you got impatient, which is a function of arrogance in the first place and feeling like it's only a matter of time until we hit big plays/put up big points, and when you don't you start pressing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It will never not boggle my mind that we got an edge rusher on the magnitude of all the top prospects/generational edge rushers who have come into the league over last 10 years at the 12th pick, and drafted primarily as a traditional LB. And only after the god damned CB's we wanted improbably went the two picks before us!

I'm talking Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, Khalil Mack, Josh Allen, Bradley Chubb, Von Miller, TJ Watt, Chase Young, he's right there with any of the "generational" type prospects/future HOF'ers who have played the position over the last 10 years.

It's literally the most improbable thing since Romo/Prescott turning into elite level QB's.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah but that happens all the time on bootlegs (It's actually intentional). They assume your guy will take a step inside and once he does the QB has enough speed to beat him on the bootleg. That's true for almost all NFL DEs, but Parsons handles these plays with an insanely high level of execution.
He makes it look much easier than it is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It will never not boggle my mind that we got an edge rusher on the magnitude of all the top prospects/generational edge rushers who have come into the league over last 10 years at the 12th pick, and drafted primarily as a traditional LB. And only after the god damned CB's we wanted improbably went the two picks before us!

I mean, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, Khalil Mack, Josh Allen, Bradley Chubb, Von Miller, TJ Watt, Chase Young, he's right there with any of the "generational" type prospects/future HOF'ers who have played the position over the last 10 years.

It's literally the most improbable thing since Romo/Prescott turning into elite level QB's.
And those teams so helped us by taking both corners ahead of us. Think about how fortunate we were.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Because consistent yards are waaaaaay more important than that one splash play in a game.

Important play no doubt and a fantastic run, but if you plan on getting plays like that on a regular basis, you're going to lose. A lot.

The point is, neither running back was good in this game, so if anyone thinks Zeke is the issue, it's bigger than that.
Zeke is clearly playing on a gimpy knee; he's got no burst whatsoever.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Moore seems out of ideas if the run game isn't at least average, the vast majority of our passing game tonight were low percentage/tight window throws that Dak had to fit in there, along with a handful of WR screens.

And I think the running game is as bad as it is either because of the coaches insistence on feeding an injured Elliott, or because our run blocking schemes aren't diverse enough (or likely both). Either way, I think the run game is on the coaches because there are less talented OL's all across the league who have been way more productive running the ball the last month or so.
One of the biggest problems I've noticed with the run game is the lack of creativity. The Cowboys running plays are so bland. There's no creativity whatsoever aside from the occasional WR jet sweep.

Where are the counters and other misdirection plays? It's as if the run portion of their playbook has the depth of the Tecmo Bowl playbook.

That's on the coaches.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
One of the biggest problems I've noticed with the run game is the lack of creativity. The Cowboys running plays are so bland. There's no creativity whatsoever aside from the occasional WR jet sweep.

Where are the counters and other misdirection plays? It's as if the run portion of their playbook has the depth of the Tecmo Bowl playbook.

That's on the coaches.
Yea I want to go back and rewatch just the running plays from last night (shouldn't be many!) but if I had to guess it's mostly just Inside/Outside Zone, which is definitely very bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom