2021 Season | Week 12 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Raiders @ Cowboys | 11/25/21

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The one thing that mystifies me is the run-blocking.

This team was averaging about 5.5 yards a carry the first 5-6 weeks. In the past five weeks it's averaging 3.5 yards per carry. Huge drop-off.

Then we get Smith back today and play against a Raider defense...and still can't run the ball well.
This is the biggest issue with the offense right now, Pollard has looked decent so it may be whatever injury/injuries Elliott's dealing with because there's no real logical explanation otherwise why he'd go from averaging about 5 YPC to around 3.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
This is the biggest issue with the offense right now, Pollard has looked decent so it may be whatever injury/injuries Elliott's dealing with because there's no real logical explanation otherwise why he'd go from averaging about 5 YPC to around 3.
Pollard is flat better, IMO, but I ran stats for a month and neither Pollard or Elliott are doing well. It's a blocking thing, IMO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This shit is starting to piss me off.

The team on the field yesterday lost. To the Raiders.

Yet we keep thinking of our optimal selves.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Trysten Hill is impressing me with his play, but he's gonna win me over with this bully shit.

We need a big nasty mean MF'er who don't give a damn no kind of way.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

This shit is starting to piss me off.

The team on the field yesterday lost. To the Raiders.

Yet we keep thinking of our optimal selves.
We are an elite offense, and there are six games to get back in a rhythm.

Dak's desire to excel is genuine. He is not all rah-rah talk. He's driven and will improve.

The musical chairs on the line should happen in practice, not the game. I wonder what Philbin thought about it. Weird that they tried that on the game he's out with covid. If they wanna get Steele on the field so badly, let him take McGovern's FB reps.

The bigger concern to me is the running game. What the hell does Tony Playmaker gotta do to get some frikkin carries?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Don't forget that Greg the Leg has basically cost us two games.

We win against TB and LV without his missed FGs and XP.

So, fuck you "legatron"!

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Big players make big plays in big games. With the exception of Parsons, they don't have a big player on defense. I thought Diggs was, but lately all he does is give up big plays.

O-line, in total, is mediocre at best.

Games are still won and lost in the pits. Without a pass rush, receivers are running free through the secondary. O-line's pass protection is barely adequate, and they're not opening holes in the running game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So frustrating when kickoffs or punts have them backed up but they make it to midfield in just a couple plays...all game long.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Big players make big plays in big games. With the exception of Parsons, they don't have a big player on defense. I thought Diggs was, but lately all he does is give up big plays.

O-line, in total, is mediocre at best.

Games are still won and lost in the pits. Without a pass rush, receivers are running free through the secondary. O-line's pass protection is barely adequate, and they're not opening holes in the running game.
It's time to feature Pollard and let Zeke's knee rest.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Trysten Hill is impressing me with his play, but he's gonna win me over with this bully shit.

We need a big nasty mean MF'er who don't give a damn no kind of way.
All the post-game punch does is make him a thug. Thugs are a dime a dozen. Want to be "nasty, mean MF'er?" Dominate and beat up the guy across from you during a game. Haven't seen Hill do that.

Top Bottom