2021 Rookie camp, OTAs, TC thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
but if Wright succeeds, then Quinn is a db whisperer
Yeah I mean you definitely give the guy some credit at that point for being sort of ahead of the curve and doing things others aren't smart enough to do. It would be nice for once to be ahead of the curve instead of following the new hot trend from some other coach every year. We will see though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean you definitely give the guy some credit at that point for being sort of ahead of the curve and doing things others aren't smart enough to do. It would be nice for once to be ahead of the curve instead of following the new hot trend from some other coach every year. We will see though.
We seemed to have been borrowing Seattle concepts in recent years anyway, starting with Richard, who I’m sure borrowed from Quinn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys rookie minicamp: How Micah Parsons looked and 15 observations and takeaways

By Jon Machota 1h ago

FRISCO, Texas — Cowboys rookie minicamp was held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at The Star. Dallas had 100 percent attendance from its group of 31, which included draft picks, undrafted rookie free agents and tryout players.

Rookie minicamp is considered Phase 2 of the offseason program. Phase 1 is strength and conditioning, virtual meetings and physical rehabilitation. Next up is organized team activities (May 24-25, May 27, June 1, June 3-4) and then mandatory minicamp (Jun 8-10).

To break down everything that happened over the weekend, here are 15 notes and observations.

1. Dak Prescott update. The Cowboys quarterback is expected to participate in the majority of OTAs, but is unlikely to be under center for team drills. The closest to that for him will probably be some 7-on-7 work. The team doesn’t want him in any situation where players could be falling near his surgically repaired ankle. That will change at training camp, though. Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Saturday that he expects Prescott to be a full participant at the start of camp.

“I know he feels really good,” McCarthy said. “He’s had some excellent workouts here the last couple of weeks. I see him doing most of the work (in OTAs).”

2. Practice observations. The first day of rookie minicamp resembled the early portion of a regular-season practice. It was mostly individual drills broken up by position groups. Several players appeared winded early on. That wasn’t the case on Day 2. The best opportunity to do any evaluation happened at the end of Day 2 as players took part in team drills. Although they were not in full pads, there were some notable plays when the offense and defense faced each other 11-on-11. One was a tipped interception hauled in by fourth-round pick Jabril Cox, who was playing weakside linebacker.

“Micah (Parsons) did a good job of carrying the Y (receiver) over the field and then I just hooked him after he dropped him,” Cox explained of the base Cover 3 defensive coverage the group was in. “He made a good play on the ball and I just caught the ball. Credit to Micah and the whole defense communicating before the pre-snap. It was a pretty good play.”

Third-round pick Nahshon Wright also recorded an interception in team drills. Lined up at right cornerback, Wright made a diving catch on a ball J.T. Barrett intended for wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

“The receiver gave me a certain split,” Wright explained. Defensive backs coach Al Harris “kind of talked me through the play and I kind of just knew the technique. My guy broke, I broke, ball came out and I was just able to make a play on the ball. I dove for it. Not used to having to get back up and run, but now that I’m here I’ve got to learn to kind of get back up and go.”

Here’s how the Cowboys’ draft class lined up during that portion of practice:

Micah Parsons: middle linebacker
Kelvin Joseph: left cornerback
Osa Odighizuwa: three-tech defensive tackle
Chauncey Golston: left defensive end
Nahshon Wright: right cornerback
Jabril Cox: weakside linebacker
Josh Ball: left tackle
Simi Fehoko: wide receiver
Quinton Bohanna: one-tech defensive tackle
Israel Mukuama: free safety
Matt Farniok: center

3. Plan for Parsons. Middle linebacker is the spot he was working at over the weekend. The plan for the Cowboys’ first-round pick is for him to be in the box on first and second downs and then moving around on third down, rushing the quarterback.

“They wouldn’t move me there if they didn’t have a need at mike,” Parsons said. “Mike linebacker you get a chance to force. You get to be a Rambo player. You get to match up on running backs. You get a chance to play in the box. I think that’s what I do best. If you watch what I did in college, I was able to go sideline to sideline. I can go both ways, always be around the ball. They know that is what I do best. I am excited to start there.”

Cox on his first impressions of Parsons: “He’s definitely very mature. He’s ready to work. He’s not scared of competition. I think we’re going to make each other better, him pushing me and me pushing him. I can’t wait to get things rolling. He’s one of those guys that he’s really going to be great for a long time.”

4. Parsons and the veteran LBs. Parsons said he’s excited to start working with Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch in the upcoming weeks. Parsons wasn’t drafted 12th overall to watch from the sideline. The linebacker rotation will be one of the most interesting storylines going into OTAs. Parsons said Smith reached out to him last year after Parsons’ outstanding performance in the Cotton Bowl.

“He was like, ‘Yo, I love your game,’” Parsons recalled. “Actually it’s crazy. I still got the DMs. I told Jaylon, ‘Tell them Cowboys to come get me next year. I’m trying to play next to you.’ It’s kind of crazy how everything worked out. Me and Jaylon have actually been in contact for a little over a year now and Leighton, me and Leighton been in contact, too. So (I’m) excited.”

5. Rap career on hold. Second-round pick Kelvin Joseph is known as “Bossman Fat” as a rap artist. While he has released several albums over the last few years, it sounds like he’ll be taking a break from music to focus solely on football.

“I just know the difference between my hobbies and my profession,” Joseph said. “Football is going to get me paid and it’s going to change my family’s life. Making music is just like a hobby, I’m not too worried about it right now. There will be some music coming one day, but right now, it’s just strictly business.”

6. Dan Quinn. The new Cowboys defensive coordinator spoke after the draft about his hands-on coaching style. It was on display over the weekend, particularly with the defensive linemen.

“It probably goes back to why I want it so badly, why didn’t I want to sit out,” Quinn said two weeks ago, “because the time on the field, that’s the best part of the week for me in the preparation phase. I like teaching in the classroom, but the on-the-field work, in the drill work, that part is, it’s priceless for me, because you can give instant feedback to somebody about their technique, about where they’re at. And having that energy, man, that’s the best. I love being hands-on with the guys.”

7. Defensive tackle reps. Quinton Bohanna is easy to notice in the middle of the defensive line. The 6-4, 327-pound tackle has a pretty thankless job at times, stuffing gaps to allow linebackers and other defenders to run free and make plays. But he takes pride in doing the dirty work.

“We go hand in hand,” Bohanna said. “Linebackers love me. All the ones I done played with so far.”

The sixth-round pick out of Kentucky came out for a few plays on Saturday after appearing to injure his shoulder in team drills. He said he was fine after practice. Quinn filled in for the few snaps Bohanna was out.

“Coach Quinn looked good, looked like he was ready to get in there,” Bohanna said. “You know everybody try to go back to their old glory days, but it ain’t no me out there. It’s a big difference when I’m in and when I’m out.”

8. Training camp in California. Jerry Jones wants training camp back in Oxnard, Calif., and it appears like the Cowboys owner and general manager is going to get his way. The NFL is allowing teams to travel for training camp after requiring them to hold camp at their home facilities a year ago because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Cowboys are still working on completing some of the necessary steps.
“We have a few details to work out,” Jones said, “but I’d say systems are on go.”

9. Wright and Richard Sherman. After the Cowboys drafted Wright in the third round, he said on a conference call that he views himself “as a more athletic and agile Richard Sherman.” Wright didn’t want to come off as disrespectful to Sherman, so he reached out to the five-time Pro Bowler via an Instagram direct message.

“I kind of seen what people perceived it as (on social media),” Wright said. “I wanted to reach out to him personally and kind of clear it up and just tell him that I actually modeled myself after him. I emulate my game after him.”

“He told me if I ever needed help that I could reach out to him. Richard is a great guy.”

10. Crowded room. Fehoko is about to enter a wide receiver room that already includes expected starters Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb. Veterans Cedrick Wilson and Noah Brown are also in the mix for playing time. But Fehoko said he’s not overwhelmed about the competition.

“For me, I look at it as an opportunity to get better,” he said. “Working with the best, you surround yourself with the best, so you tend to become the best. I’m just excited to work with them and have the opportunity for that.”

Fehoko said he played all wide receiver positions at Stanford but was mainly the team’s “take-the-top-off” the defense, “deep-threat” guy. He’s looking to be more versatile as the Cowboys have started him out at the Z and F receiver spots.

11. Isaac Alarcon. Even though he’s technically not a rookie, the 6-6, 325-pound offensive tackle from Mexico took part in rookie minicamp. Alarcon was on the roster last year as part of the NFL’s International Player Pathway Program. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Cowboys in January. Alarcon worked at guard and tackle over the weekend.

“He’s definitely improving,” McCarthy said. “I liked the way he looked when he stepped inside. Isaac is here every day. I don’t think there’s been a workout or a time going into the weight room that I haven’t seen him. He’s very diligent. You just love his attitude. He’s definitely made a lot of improvements since last year.”

McCarthy said he likes what he’s seen from Alarcon as a run blocker, but he needs to continue improving as a pass-blocker.

12. Quarterback participants. Barrett (the former Ohio State star) and former Illinois State standout Brady Davis were the two tryout quarterbacks for rookie minicamp. Why did the Cowboys pick those two?

“It’s just part of the evaluation,” McCarthy said. “J.T. was in here last week and he had an excellent workout. I had a chance to watch him through college and then his time in New Orleans. Brady has a neat story. I thought he clearly took a jump from (Friday’s) work to (Saturday’s) work. It didn’t help that we were outside with the wind and all that with those guys throwing in that last period. It’s a chance to look at two young prospects.”

13. Speaking of the wind. The Keurig Dr Pepper headquarters building has been completed at The Star. The Cowboys’ two practice fields are now surrounded by a horseshoe of buildings that made for some pretty windy conditions for the two days of rookie minicamp practices open to reporters. McCarthy prefers to have the team practice outside now and during the season. Does the possible increase in wind because of the structures cause concern about future practices?

“No, not at all,” McCarthy said. “Wind is part of the game.”

14. George Edwards taking on a bigger role with the linebackers? Edwards has been listed as a senior defensive assistant since joining McCarthy’s coaching staff last season. The former Washington, Buffalo and Minnesota defensive coordinator spent most of his time working with the linebackers during practices last year. But judging by what was on display over the weekend, he appears to be taking on a more vocal role as he was leading the drills. Linebackers coach Scott McCurley continued working with the group, but Edwards looked to be in charge.

“I don’t look at it as a big change, it’s just more of a shift,” McCarthy said. “At the end of the day, you want to spread your responsibilities around. George has always been very involved with the linebackers.”

15. Not using all of their OTA days. The Cowboys currently have nine OTA practices scheduled. Teams can hold up to 10. Does their plan have anything to do with going to training camp earlier because of their involvement in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 5?

“That’s part of the thinking,” McCarthy said. “It’s going to be a longer season for the coaching staff and the players. Just being very cognizant of all those things. If we’re able to stay on the schedule that we have laid out, I’ll feel very, very good about our offseason program at the completion of it.”

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does the possible increase in wind because of the structures cause concern about future practices?

Wait, I thought practicing indoors the week before a noreaster game in New England was the best policy?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
“Micah (Parsons) did a good job of carrying the Y (receiver) over the field and then I just hooked him after he dropped him,” Cox explained of the base Cover 3 defensive coverage the group was in. “He made a good play on the ball and I just caught the ball. Credit to Micah and the whole defense communicating before the pre-snap. It was a pretty good play.”

Love this quote from Cox.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys rookie Micah Parsons hitting the ground -- and sled -- running
8:30 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- As he stepped toward the blocking sled Friday, the sound of metal on metal made a screeching noise Micah Parsons has been used to hearing ever since he started playing football, but it had been a long time since he heard it.

"Last time I hit a sled?" the Dallas Cowboys' rookie linebacker asked himself, repeating the question as the thoughts went through his head. "Cotton Bowl practice."

That was the 2019 Cotton Bowl at AT&T Stadium, when Penn State beat Memphis on Dec. 28. Figure it was a few days earlier than that game when Parsons last punched the sled with any kind of ferocity.

"The first rep we got the rust off," Parsons said. "The second rep was like, 'I'm back now. That is how it is.' We just wiped the dust off."

Parsons opted out of the 2020 season, focusing on the 2021 NFL draft as the coronavirus pandemic nearly ended the college football season.

Despite not playing in a year, Parsons was drafted by the Cowboys at No. 12 overall in part because of how well he played in that Cotton Bowl -- 13 tackles, two sacks, three pressures in 79 snaps (all career highs) as well as a forced fumble -- and his versatility, which made him one of the top prospects available.

Parsons' job now is to get accustomed to football after a layoff, while learning a new team, defense, playbook and city. He will work primarily at middle linebacker.

"They wouldn't move me there if they didn't have a need at Mike," Parsons said. "Mike linebacker, you get a chance to force. You get to be a Rambo player. You can match up on running backs. You get a chance to play in the box. That is what I do best. You watch what I did in college, I was able to go sideline to sideline. I can go both ways, always be around the ball. They know that is what I do best. I am excited to start there."

But it won't be his only position.

"The thing that I see from the linebacking crew, uniquely, is pressure," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "Pressure. We know that Jaylon [Smith] can get some pressure, but I could see that group really being a big part of the plan to pressure. Generally, that was the key thing that we were looking at as far as the fit for us, weighing the pressure perspective."

Parsons, who will turn 22 on May 26, was the Cowboys' top-rated defensive player on their draft board, ranked fourth overall. He had 6.5 sacks at Penn State.

"There are third-down packages I am going to be in," he said. "On first and second down, I am going to be in the box. On third down, they are going to find a way to get me to the quarterback, which I am excited about. I think [Dan Quinn] is a great coordinator. One of the best ones. He gets his best players on the field and [in] position to make plays and I have full faith in him."

With the Green Bay Packers, coach Mike McCarthy had two first-round linebackers contribute right away. In 2006, A.J. Hawk, the No. 5 overall pick, had two interceptions, seven pass deflections, one forced fumble and 3.5 sacks. In 2009, Clay Matthews, the No. 26 overall pick, was named to the Pro Bowl after recording 10 sacks.

McCarthy said how much the coaches put on a player is "an individual situation," but during the evaluation process, the scouts and coaches want to make sure a player can do at least two jobs. Since 2006, NFL defenses have evolved in which there are more packages available to defenses and players with specific roles.

"The most important thing is to get him grounded into the inside, both the Mike and the Will [weak-side linebacker], starting with the communication responsibility," McCarthy said.

Parsons is not even a week into his first time stepping on the practice field at The Star, but he is not worried about having too much to learn. With so much downtime after workouts and practice, he spends about an hour every night going over his playbook and film.

"It's the same coverages, different terminology. That just comes with football IQ. You've got to be a smart football player," Parsons said. "I wouldn't say it's a lot. I'm just learning how they reference their plays and a bunch of their adjustments. ... Penn State ran a lot of similar plays to them. They just got different names to them and different adjustments. That's all it is, and I think the coaches are doing a great job in catching me up and getting me ready."

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
FRISCO, Texas — Cowboys rookie minicamp was held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at The Star. Dallas had 100 percent attendance from its group of 31, which included draft picks, undrafted rookie free agents and tryout players.

Rookie minicamp is considered Phase 2 of the offseason program. Phase 1 is strength and conditioning, virtual meetings and physical rehabilitation. Next up is organized team activities (May 24-25, May 27, June 1, June 3-4) and then mandatory minicamp (Jun 8-10).

To break down everything that happened over the weekend, here are 15 notes and observations.

1. Dak Prescott update. The Cowboys quarterback is expected to participate in the majority of OTAs, but is unlikely to be under center for team drills. The closest to that for him will probably be some 7-on-7 work. The team doesn’t want him in any situation where players could be falling near his surgically repaired ankle. That will change at training camp, though. Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Saturday that he expects Prescott to be a full participant at the start of camp.

“I know he feels really good,” McCarthy said. “He’s had some excellent workouts here the last couple of weeks. I see him doing most of the work (in OTAs).”

2. Practice observations. The first day of rookie minicamp resembled the early portion of a regular-season practice. It was mostly individual drills broken up by position groups. Several players appeared winded early on. That wasn’t the case on Day 2. The best opportunity to do any evaluation happened at the end of Day 2 as players took part in team drills. Although they were not in full pads, there were some notable plays when the offense and defense faced each other 11-on-11. One was a tipped interception hauled in by fourth-round pick Jabril Cox, who was playing weakside linebacker.

Third-round pick Nahshon Wright also recorded an interception in team drills. Lined up at right cornerback, Wright made a diving catch on a ball J.T. Barrett intended for wide receiver Simi Fehoko.

“The receiver gave me a certain split,” Wright explained. Defensive backs coach Al Harris “kind of talked me through the play and I kind of just knew the technique. My guy broke, I broke, ball came out and I was just able to make a play on the ball. I dove for it. Not used to having to get back up and run, but now that I’m here I’ve got to learn to kind of get back up and go.”

Here’s how the Cowboys’ draft class lined up during that portion of practice:

Micah Parsons: middle linebacker

Kelvin Joseph: left cornerback

Osa Odighizuwa: three-tech defensive tackle

Chauncey Golston: left defensive end

Nahshon Wright: right cornerback

Jabril Cox: weakside linebacker

Josh Ball: left tackle

Simi Fehoko: wide receiver

Quinton Bohanna: one-tech defensive tackle

Israel Mukuamu: free safety

Matt Farniok: center

3. Plan for Parsons. Middle linebacker is the spot he was working at over the weekend. The plan for the Cowboys’ first-round pick is for him to be in the box on first and second downs and then moving around on third down, rushing the quarterback.

“They wouldn’t move me there if they didn’t have a need at mike,” Parsons said. “Mike linebacker you get a chance to force. You get to be a Rambo player. You get to match up on running backs. You get a chance to play in the box. I think that’s what I do best. If you watch what I did in college, I was able to go sideline to sideline. I can go both ways, always be around the ball. They know that is what I do best. I am excited to start there.”

Cox on his first impressions of Parsons: “He’s definitely very mature. He’s ready to work. He’s not scared of competition. I think we’re going to make each other better, him pushing me and me pushing him. I can’t wait to get things rolling. He’s one of those guys that he’s really going to be great for a long time.”

4. Parsons and the veteran LBs. Parsons said he’s excited to start working with Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch in the upcoming weeks. Parsons wasn’t drafted 12th overall to watch from the sideline. The linebacker rotation will be one of the most interesting storylines going into OTAs. Parsons said Smith reached out to him last year after Parsons’ outstanding performance in the Cotton Bowl.

“He was like, ‘Yo, I love your game,’” Parsons recalled. “Actually it’s crazy. I still got the DMs. I told Jaylon, ‘Tell them Cowboys to come get me next year. I’m trying to play next to you.’ It’s kind of crazy how everything worked out. Me and Jaylon have actually been in contact for a little over a year now and Leighton, me and Leighton been in contact, too. So (I’m) excited.”

5. Rap career on hold. Second-round pick Kelvin Joseph is known as “Bossman Fat” as a rap artist. While he has released several albums over the last few years, it sounds like he’ll be taking a break from music to focus solely on football.

“I just know the difference between my hobbies and my profession,” Joseph said. “Football is going to get me paid and it’s going to change my family’s life. Making music is just like a hobby, I’m not too worried about it right now. There will be some music coming one day, but right now, it’s just strictly business.”

6. Dan Quinn. The new Cowboys defensive coordinator spoke after the draft about his hands-on coaching style. It was on display over the weekend, particularly with the defensive linemen.

“It probably goes back to why I want it so badly, why didn’t I want to sit out,” Quinn said two weeks ago, “because the time on the field, that’s the best part of the week for me in the preparation phase. I like teaching in the classroom, but the on-the-field work, in the drill work, that part is, it’s priceless for me, because you can give instant feedback to somebody about their technique, about where they’re at. And having that energy, man, that’s the best. I love being hands-on with the guys.”

7. Defensive tackle reps. Quinton Bohanna is easy to notice in the middle of the defensive line. The 6-4, 327-pound tackle has a pretty thankless job at times, stuffing gaps to allow linebackers and other defenders to run free and make plays. But he takes pride in doing the dirty work.

“We go hand in hand,” Bohanna said. “Linebackers love me. All the ones I done played with so far.”

The sixth-round pick out of Kentucky came out for a few plays on Saturday after appearing to injure his shoulder in team drills. He said he was fine after practice. Quinn filled in for the few snaps Bohanna was out.

“Coach Quinn looked good, looked like he was ready to get in there,” Bohanna said. “You know everybody try to go back to their old glory days, but it ain’t no me out there. It’s a big difference when I’m in and when I’m out.”

8. Training camp in California. Jerry Jones wants training camp back in Oxnard, Calif., and it appears like the Cowboys owner and general manager is going to get his way. The NFL is allowing teams to travel for training camp after requiring them to hold camp at their home facilities a year ago because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Cowboys are still working on completing some of the necessary steps.

“We have a few details to work out,” Jones said, “but I’d say systems are on go.”

9. Wright and Richard Sherman. After the Cowboys drafted Wright in the third round, he said on a conference call that he views himself “as a more athletic and agile Richard Sherman.” Wright didn’t want to come off as disrespectful to Sherman, so he reached out to the five-time Pro Bowler via an Instagram direct message.

“I kind of seen what people perceived it as (on social media),” Wright said. “I wanted to reach out to him personally and kind of clear it up and just tell him that I actually modeled myself after him. I emulate my game after him.”

“He told me if I ever needed help that I could reach out to him. Richard is a great guy.”

10. Crowded room. Fehoko is about to enter a wide receiver room that already includes expected starters Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb. Veterans Cedrick Wilson and Noah Brown are also in the mix for playing time. But Fehoko said he’s not overwhelmed about the competition.

“For me, I look at it as an opportunity to get better,” he said. “Working with the best, you surround yourself with the best, so you tend to become the best. I’m just excited to work with them and have the opportunity for that.”

Fehoko said he played all wide receiver positions at Stanford but was mainly the team’s “take-the-top-off” the defense, “deep-threat” guy. He’s looking to be more versatile as the Cowboys have started him out at the Z and F receiver spots.

11. Isaac Alarcon. Even though he’s technically not a rookie, the 6-6, 325-pound offensive tackle from Mexico took part in rookie minicamp. Alarcon was on the roster last year as part of the NFL’s International Player Pathway Program. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Cowboys in January. Alarcon worked at guard and tackle over the weekend.

“He’s definitely improving,” McCarthy said. “I liked the way he looked when he stepped inside. Isaac is here every day. I don’t think there’s been a workout or a time going into the weight room that I haven’t seen him. He’s very diligent. You just love his attitude. He’s definitely made a lot of improvements since last year.”

McCarthy said he likes what he’s seen from Alarcon as a run blocker, but he needs to continue improving as a pass-blocker.

12. Quarterback participants. Barrett (the former Ohio State star) and former Illinois State standout Brady Davis were the two tryout quarterbacks for rookie minicamp. Why did the Cowboys pick those two?

“It’s just part of the evaluation,” McCarthy said. “J.T. was in here last week and he had an excellent workout. I had a chance to watch him through college and then his time in New Orleans. Brady has a neat story. I thought he clearly took a jump from (Friday’s) work to (Saturday’s) work. It didn’t help that we were outside with the wind and all that with those guys throwing in that last period. It’s a chance to look at two young prospects.”

13. Speaking of the wind. The Keurig Dr Pepper headquarters building has been completed at The Star. The Cowboys’ two practice fields are now surrounded by a horseshoe of buildings that made for some pretty windy conditions for the two days of rookie minicamp practices open to reporters. McCarthy prefers to have the team practice outside now and during the season. Does the possible increase in wind because of the structures cause concern about future practices?

14. George Edwards taking on a bigger role with the linebackers? Edwards has been listed as a senior defensive assistant since joining McCarthy’s coaching staff last season. The former Washington, Buffalo and Minnesota defensive coordinator spent most of his time working with the linebackers during practices last year. But judging by what was on display over the weekend, he appears to be taking on a more vocal role as he was leading the drills. Linebackers coach Scott McCurley continued working with the group, but Edwards looked to be in charge.

“I don’t look at it as a big change, it’s just more of a shift,” McCarthy said. “At the end of the day, you want to spread your responsibilities around. George has always been very involved with the linebackers.”

15. Not using all of their OTA days. The Cowboys currently have nine OTA practices scheduled. Teams can hold up to 10. Does their plan have anything to do with going to training camp earlier because of their involvement in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 5?

“That’s part of the thinking,” McCarthy said. “It’s going to be a longer season for the coaching staff and the players. Just being very cognizant of all those things. If we’re able to stay on the schedule that we have laid out, I’ll feel very, very good about our offseason program at the completion of it.”

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Point #13 puts me a little more at ease heading into the season opener in Tampa. One of the first things that crossed my mind was how would the Cowboys hold up in the Florida heat and humidity.

Luckily it'll be a night game but game time temps will still probably be hovering somewhere in the 80s with high humidity.

I was concerned they'd pull some Jason Garrett nonsense by holding training camp in comfy Oxnard then come back to Texas and spend most of their time practicing inside a climate-controlled bubble. That's a recipe for disaster heading into summertime games in FL.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I like that the practice facility is so windy. You can’t simulate that well in a dome

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I miss the "took him to church" comments on game day.

If you know then you know...

Cotton

Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom