2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I come to bury Zeke, not to praise him

...With more info...

PFF Elusiveness Rating:
Zeke: 27.3. (ranking 54th out of 63 qualified running backs)
Pollard: 77.9 (ranking 10th)

Shed Tackles:
Zeke: 17
Pollard: 24

Yards Per Carry:
Zeke: 4.4
Pollard: 5.6

Yards Per Catch:
Zeke: 5.8
Pollard: 8.4

Dak needs to find a new BFF.
We generally frown on PFF “stats” around here, mainly because PFF sucks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel like I've really turned on PFF lately based on their absolutely absurd opinions on Diggs. The guy is a certifiable stud and they make him sound mediocre.

It's been long before that.

They've always hated Zeke for instance. They had him ranked 30th or something absurd like that back when he was winning rushing titles.

There's a million other examples over the years. And it's not just when they downgrade one of our players. They've had some of our guys way too high at times too, like Jaylon Smith. If I remember correctly they had Jaylon ranked absurdly high right before he was cut for sucking.

PFF is worthless.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:lol

Love these gems.

"For what it’s worth, Smith is Pro Football Focus’ 11th-highest-graded linebacker after four weeks. Smith’s 69.5 grade is better than Bobby Wagner (69.1), Fred Warner (57.5), and Roquan Smith (46.9). PFF also has high praise for Smith’s efforts in coverage. Smith’s 82.2 coverage grade is the third best among linebackers."

"Given this set of data, now I’m even more confused as to why Dallas is dropping Smith."

You're confused because you and PFF don't know what you're talking about, dipshit.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Don't like Shakespeare? Wait til I start pulling in gems from Kierkegaard, Jung and of course the eternal Eric Cartman.

And the silky smooth segue from Shakespeare-greatness to PFF-greatness...you gonna hate on that?!
Most guys here hate PFF, even when it confirms the obvious.
Let's be real, Zeke is all but dead weight. Yeah he can block and get a few physical yards. He has no moves or speed anymore. Time to move on and move forward ASAP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Most guys here hate PFF, even when it confirms the obvious.
Let's be real, Zeke is all but dead weight. Yeah he can block and get a few physical yards. He has no moves or speed anymore. Time to move on and move forward ASAP
ASAP is after next season due to cap issues so might as well save yourself some frustration.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
We generally frown on PFF “stats” around here, mainly because PFF sucks.
1. I think you are confusing PFF stats and PFF grades. Two very different things.
2. If PFF "sucked" I doubt 30 NFL teams would be paying considerable dollars in consulting fees to PFF.
3. PFF grades are most certainly of limited value and flawed...since they are inherently subjective. But their premise is sound and they have some smart people doing cross-checked play-by-play evaluation. Their grades are informative, if not viewed as any "bible" or final verdict.

I don't really give a fuck about a group's "orthodoxy," or consensus. If I needed that I would go re-enroll at UCLA or some other woke institution. I reject GroupThink of all flavors; do my best to think for myself.

If this forum values free speech and heterogeneous opinion (which I surmise it in fact cherishes) I will continue to reference PFF.

Last edited:

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I bet if Cox hadn't blown out his knee, LVE would be seeing the bench a fair amount. Right now I'm not sure we have anyone any better.
Agreed. LVE doesn't seem to trust himself, plays tentative. But he knows the offense and it's unlikely we find someone off the street to play better.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I bet if Cox hadn't blown out his knee, LVE would be seeing the bench a fair amount. Right now I'm not sure we have anyone any better.

I honestly don't see how anyone on the roster could be worse.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
1. I think you are confusing PFF stats and PFF grades. Two very different things.
2. If PFF "sucked" I doubt 30 NFL teams would be paying considerable dollars in consulting fees to PFF.
3. PFF grades are most certainly of limited value and flawed...since they are inherently subjective. But their premise is sound and they have some smart people doing cross-checked play-by-play evaluation. Their grades are informative, if not viewed as any "bible" or final verdict.

I don't really give a fuck about a group's "orthodoxy," or consensus. If I needed that I would go re-enroll at UCLA or some other woke institution. I reject GroupThink of all flavors; do my best to think for myself.

If this forum values free speech and heterogeneous opinion (which I surmise it in fact cherishes) I will continue to reference PFF.
Teams aren't using PFF's grades or analysis for anything, maybe the league as in the overarching NFL organization is in bed with them for a variety of reasons, but there's a 0.0% chance the OL coach of the Titans gives the first fuck about PFF.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I doubt 30 NFL teams would be paying considerable dollars in consulting fees to PFF.
Do you have links to back this up? That would be interesting to see.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Do you have links to back this up? That would be interesting to see.
Current CEO Collingsworth or founder Neil Hornsby intimated on a PFF podcast that all NFL teams use their services, to one degree or another. It was a year ago I can't remember which of the two it was. PFF has fan packages but also service offerings for teams. You will also notice that PFF has a friendly relationship with league, often featured on NFL.com and NFL network.

A former Falcons GM, Thomas Dimitroff, talked about how PFF has won over many NFL front offices. A few NFL coaches have been known to visit PFF offices in Cincinatti.

Cotton

Staff member
Current CEO Collingsworth or founder Neil Hornsby intimated on a PFF podcast that all NFL teams use their services, to one degree or another. It was a year ago I can't remember which one it was. PFF has fan packages but also service offerings for teams. You will also notice that PFF has a friendly relationship with league, often featured on NFL.com.

A former Falcons GM, Thomas Dimitroff, talked about how PFF has won over many NFL front offices. NFL coaches have been known to visit PFF offices in Cincinatti.
"intimated"

Cotton

Staff member
You people are going to start making me hit the ban button because I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated statements like this. Go to CNNSI and see what they think of White. Then, post it. Fpickering, YOU WILL POST THIS NEXT.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include what a major draft resource like CNNSI has on this player, I will give you a couple of days off. You people WILL START THINKING AND START PROCESSING INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST IDIOCY.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Check this out...link below...

"2019 was another banner year at PFF. PFF now works with all 32 NFL teams and a rapidly growing 80+ FBS team clients to gain an edge in their weekly preparation. The typical client reports that our service gives them up to a full day head start on their weekly breakdown and scouting processes. Now over 75% of Power 5 teams are clients."

Colts head coach quoted in testimonial:

“One of the things we asked Mike at the beginning of the year was always look at stacks and bunches. We always feel like stacks and bunches is important to understand how things play out. He is our stacks and bunches guru. We use PFF [Pro Football Focus] to give us a folder of stacks and bunches every week.” – Super Bowl LII Champion Offensive Coordinator, Frank Reich​

Cotton

Staff member
Check this out...link below...

"2019 was another banner year at PFF. PFF now works with all 32 NFL teams and a rapidly growing 80+ FBS team clients to gain an edge in their weekly preparation. The typical client reports that our service gives them up to a full day head start on their weekly breakdown and scouting processes. Now over 75% of Power 5 teams are clients."

One coach quoted in testimonial:

“One of the things we asked Mike at the beginning of the year was always look at stacks and bunches. We always feel like stacks and bunches is important to understand how things play out. He is our stacks and bunches guru. We use PFF [Pro Football Focus] to give us a folder of stacks and bunches every week.” – Super Bowl LII Champion Offensive Coordinator, Frank Reich​
You think that proves that all NFL teams use PFF as a tool? Come on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom