2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
he seemed somewhat invisible, notching like 2 tackles total.
He plays solid run defense for like 35% of the snaps, that's never going to show up in stats. A rotational guy for the vet min is a good deal, although if it's between him and Watkins I'd prefer to keep Watkins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He plays solid run defense for like 35% of the snaps, that's never going to show up in stats. A rotational guy for the vet min is a good deal, although if it's between him and Watkins I'd prefer to keep Watkins.
Watkins seems to be dropping way down in snaps with Hamilton getting more. Haven't looked it up but it sure seems that way.

Urban was a minor loss, but a loss in comparison.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The interesting thing is that this whole time I assumed that the Rams were a lock for the 5th seed (or Cardinals at one point, although it seems they'll certainly win the division now), but with their little slide and the 49ers going on a little run, combined with the fact that the Niners have an easier schedule the rest of the way as well as possibly the tiebreaker if they can win in LA, it seems 50/50 now.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I've got a theory that the league really wants the Rams to $ucceed, all the way to a Super Bowl title.

The NFL has been chasing the elusive SoCal market for forever*. Now there is the $five billion SoFi stadium investment, which sat empty its first year. The league must pay for the St. Louis (Rams) lawsuit settlement. Huge numbers of possible SoCal viewers/gamblers are at stake - from Bakersfield to Tijuana.

The Tampa Bay market can't grow much more. Nor can Cowboys or Cards or Packers markets. From a pure expand-the-market, increase revenue perspective, a Rams Super Bowl win would be just dandy for the league.

*While living in L.A. I saw the Rams move to Anaheim and then abandon Cali for St. Louis. And I saw the Raiders come...then go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom