2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There's no reason they can't fix the defense this season.
They can turn it around from the goose shit it was last year well enough for this team to make progress.

But it won't be a Superbowl caliber unit in 2021.

Folks need to accept this.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They can turn it around from the goose shit it was last year well enough for this team to make progress.

But it won't be a Superbowl caliber unit in 2021.

Folks need to accept this.
What is super bowl caliber for a team that puts up 30 points per game on offense?

It's certainly very possible to get this defense to mediocre and that would be not only a big improvement but likely good enough to compete for the conference.

Especially since the hardest defensive spot to fill (pass rusher) is already here. The biggest need here is 1T and that isn't that hard to fill to a competent level.

Yes we have other needs on defense but fix the run defense and it'll go a long way to respectability.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
In their minds they've already solved their defensive problems when they swapped out Nolan for Quinn.
I'm sure Quinn would not be opposed to a more talented corps to work with.

We just get Tomlinson and I'm happy enough.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don't worry guys we cut Olawale just so we can re-sign him back for 900K and save 300K against the cap compared to what he was going to cost previously.

That's why we had to restructure Collins, Martin and Smith.

"All in a day's work."

-Master cap manipulator Stephen Jones

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is super bowl caliber for a team that puts up 30 points per game on offense?

It's certainly very possible to get this defense to mediocre and that would be not only a big improvement but likely good enough to compete for the conference.

Especially since the hardest defensive spot to fill (pass rusher) is already here. The biggest need here is 1T and that isn't that hard to fill to a competent level.

Yes we have other needs on defense but fix the run defense and it'll go a long way to respectability.
Yeah a defense can be built in an offseason. It doesn't mean we will, but it certainly can be done.

That side of the ball is much easier to build quickly than offense which generally take time and continuity.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah a defense can be built in an offseason. It doesn't mean we will, but it certainly can be done.

That side of the ball is much easier to build quickly than offense which generally take time and continuity.
I know it should be an urgent situation, I hope the inbreds do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know it should be an urgent situation, I hope the inbreds do.
We have the offense built. The Oline is aging and Zeke probably doesn't have a lot of good years left. If you're going to push your chips all in to make a run the time is now. Especially with free agency being ripe for the picking because of the cap.

I doubt Stephen sees it that way though. Can't risk messing the cap up 5 years from now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We have the offense built. The Oline is aging and Zeke probably doesn't have a lot of good years left. If you're going to push your chips all in to make a run the time is now. Especially with free agency being ripe for the picking because of the cap.

I doubt Stephen sees it that way though. Can't risk messing the cap up 5 years from now.
Not to mention Dak's cap hits the next two years are very manageable.

And with teams around the league strapped for cash I bet the market will be a bit depressed to begin with, so most definitely time to go all in to get the defense to at least average.

An average overall defense with a healthy offense is enough to challenge for a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom