Overall score: 76.4

CATEGORYSCORENFL
RANK
Overall roster (minus QB)75.817
Quarterback88.35
Coaching66.028
Draft74.521
Front office77.516
Why they're here: Unlike the past couple of years, we know with absolute certainty that Dak Prescott will be in Dallas for the next three years. Stacked with arguably the league's best skill group on offense, the points should be easy to find. But the defense has a ways to go. The foundation was laid through a draft almost exclusively focused on defense and a new coordinator in Dan Quinn. The overall coaching was average last year in Dallas, and that needs to be better for this group to achieve more. -- Yates

Biggest worry: Is coach Mike McCarthy the man to lead this team to success? Does owner Jerry Jones actually let him do his job without significant interference? Has McCarthy made the necessary adjustments to his coaching staff, on the defensive side of the ball in particular, that will allow this team to meet or exceed lofty preseason expectations year after year? Or will the Cowboys disappoint yet again? -- Riddick

What could change for the better: The Cowboys are dedicated to solving the issues in the secondary. Trevon Diggs should fight through rookie struggles to become a high-level player, and Dallas loaded up with three corners in the 2021 draft. And don't be surprised if the Cowboys look for a real difference-maker; there were rumors this offseason that Dallas looked into Xavien Howard, who is unhappy with his deal in Miami. -- Fowler

Stat to know: Prescott is permanently underrated. Since he entered the league in 2016, Prescott ranks fifth among qualifying quarterbacks in QBR only behind Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Drew Brees and Deshaun Watson. Prescott will need defensive help if Dallas is going to be a title contender again, but offensively, the Cowboys should be in great shape. That starts with a QB in his prime who has been more efficient than Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers over the past five seasons. -- Walder

Front office ranked better than the coaching staff. :rofl

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Deion walked out of an interview when the interviewer called him by his first name.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Is this the first time that Jerry's admitted that he made a mistake running Jimmy off?

----------------------------

From PFT.com

Jerry Jones: Jimmy Johnson was a great coach, I f–ked it up
Posted by Michael David Smith
on July 21, 2021, 5:46 PM EDT

The Cowboys won two Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson as their head coach before he and owner Jerry Jones had a bitter divorce. Today, Jones got emotional and seemed to blame himself for the split.

Asked about Johnson, Jones raved about the job he did in Dallas.

“He’s a great coach and I’m proud to have him as a friend, and proud to have the times that we — we just had a great experience,” Jones said.

Jones then appeared to be choking back tears as he said it was his own fault that things didn’t end better with Johnson.

“I’ve never been able to know why I f–ked it up.”

Jones indicated that one of the reasons he’s excited about the Cowboys playing in the Hall of Fame Game is so that he and Cowboys fans can be there when Johnson is enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is this the first time that Jerry's admitted that he made a mistake running Jimmy off?

----------------------------

From PFT.com

Jerry Jones: Jimmy Johnson was a great coach, I f–ked it up
Posted by Michael David Smith
on July 21, 2021, 5:46 PM EDT

The Cowboys won two Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson as their head coach before he and owner Jerry Jones had a bitter divorce. Today, Jones got emotional and seemed to blame himself for the split.

Asked about Johnson, Jones raved about the job he did in Dallas.

“He’s a great coach and I’m proud to have him as a friend, and proud to have the times that we — we just had a great experience,” Jones said.

Jones then appeared to be choking back tears as he said it was his own fault that things didn’t end better with Johnson.

“I’ve never been able to know why I f–ked it up.”

Jones indicated that one of the reasons he’s excited about the Cowboys playing in the Hall of Fame Game is so that he and Cowboys fans can be there when Johnson is enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month.
Well put him in the RoH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom