Collins
Gallup
Elliott
T. Smith

Lawrence
Diggs
Gregory
Uh...that is all I got
I'd go Cooper over Elliott, he only has 2-3 years left whereas Cooper could easily play another 5-6 years at a high level.

Defensively I'd go Brown, LVE, Wilson, Lewis and Neal on top of those three.

Really sad state of affairs on defense, we desperately need to get at least two high level starters out of this rookie class.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd go Cooper over Elliott, he only has a few years left.

Defensively I'd go Brown, LVE, Wilson, Lewis and Neal on top of those three.

Really sad state of affairs on defense, we desperately need to get at least two high level starters out of this rookie class.
I would be very tempted for one of the defensive keepers to be Gregory.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would be very tempted for one of the defensive keepers to be Gregory.
Nobody's gonna draft him away from you though.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea those 5 plus Lawrence/Diggs/Gregory as booze said.

On second thought I'd actually keep Gallimore over Lewis.
Oh, I didn't see that Booze said Gregory.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wait...we have that?
Low probability of being an elite level player but I'd rather gamble on that than a known "solid" player like Lewis. And I think Gallimore is mostly assured to be at least a Lewis-level player in which case I'd rather have a Lewis-level DT than CB.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The other guy averages 2 first downs with a catch...

I'm not sure why you'd prefer at least two passes to accomplish what you can in one. All you did was double your risk of a sack, fumble, INT or something else bad happening.

You can only get 1 first down at a time.

Obviously more yards are better than less yards. But you seem to be discounting the fact that more catches are better than less catches.

Genghis Khan

Ok, so it eliminates the need for the second first down...

That doesn't make sense.

They don't just say, hey you just got twenty yards so this next set of downs are free.

I mean, you do understand you have to continuously get first downs. Right?

Genghis Khan

Really? Not looking at Targets (ie Catch %), you’re comparing 60 vs 107 receptions. Imagine having a #1 WR that averages less than 4 catches a game. In a four-game stretch, that’s 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 receptions.

I mean, you make a really good point.

I think this is a close call and I'd never regard a 60 catch guy as a true number 1, but less than 10 yards per catch is hard for me to overlook.

If I went with player A, I'd be looking to upgrade him anyway. If I go with player B, my #2 WR is set.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can only get 1 first down at a time.

Obviously more yards are better than less yards. But you seem to be discounting the fact that more catches are better than less catches.
You don't need the second first down if you get 20 yards instead of 10...

You understand that a catch guarantees you zero. Yards are what move the ball right? Less catches aren't better than more but what I'm saying is that more catches aren't necessarily better than less either. The stats that actually matter are yards, converting first downs, scoring points. The catch by itself is a meaningless stat.

Cotton

Staff member
You don't need the second first down if you get 20 yards instead of 10...
Yeah, but you still have to get another first down, and 100 to 60 with the one with 100 having a > 10 YPC gives you better odds that the 100 catch receiver can get you that next first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom