2021 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After a trade Reed would be like 8.5 mil on a one year deal. I'm sure you could rework that and extend him and lower the number even some. But he is 28 so I'm not giving up a third, that's crazy. But I'd certainly give up a pick before fighting in free agency over him.
YOLO

A third for a real DT.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait. Didn’t you just tell me there is no chance he will be getting released so we should trade a third for him?
We've seen several guys get announced as "released" (for example, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson) only to get traded.

That's what I was referring to. If they outright cut him, there's got to be a motive behind it we don't know. It isn't just to save cap.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We've seen several guys get announced as "released" (for example, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson) only to get traded.

That's what I was referring to. If they outright cut him, there's got to be a motive behind it we don't know. It isn't just to save cap.
You better hope he doesn’t get released...

I have a .gif all qued up just waiting for you.

WAITING. FOR. YOU!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wonder what Reed did to have zero trade value and force a cut. He was very good last year.
I still don't think a trade of $8.5M cap savings versus $5M dead cap is worth letting go of a good young player.

They did resign Carlos Dunlap, who they cut previously.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Outside of Sam Bradford, I cannot think of a magnificent bastard who has played the system better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom