Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whoa.

Jarran Reed?

Sign me up.

But of course, no way he is a Cowboy.

You can't say there were never any opportunities to upgrade at DT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Whoa.

Jarran Reed?

Sign me up.

But of course, no way he is a Cowboy.

You can't say there were never any opportunities to upgrade at DT.
Yeah I'd be all in. Hell I'd call now and see if they would take a sixth for the guy. We won't though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I'd be all in. Hell I'd call now and see if they would take a sixth for the guy. We won't though.
I might even give them our conditional third. This is a shitty DT draft. We aren't getting a starter out of it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I might even give them our conditional third. This is a shitty DT draft. We aren't getting a starter out of it.
Hell no. I like Reed, too. But that is too rich. Especially for a guy they are considering releasing anyway. The most I'd offer is our conditional 4th.

We could draft somebody like Alim McNeil with that pick. And while he might not be a starter right away, he would log a lot of time. And could very easily turn into a starter.

Also, I disagree that this is a shitty DT draft. Sure, it doesn't have the marquee players at the top, but there is DT talent there in the late 1st thru 4th that I'd be more than happy with. Both 3T and 1T.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell no. I like Reed, too. But that is too rich. Especially for a guy they are considering releasing anyway. The most I'd offer is our conditional 4th.

We could draft somebody like Alim McNeil with that pick. And while he might not be a starter right away, he would log a lot of time. And could very easily turn into a starter.

Also, I disagree that this is a shitty DT draft. Sure, it doesn't have the marquee players at the top, but there is DT talent there in the late 1st thru 4th that I'd be more than happy with. Both 3T and 1T.
They aren't releasing him outright.

There will a trade.

We might hear about that, but if they are any good, it is a trade after the announcement.

And no, it is a shitty DT draft. Beyond the first three rounds, fuck it.

This is a prime opportunity to talk trade.

Wait. We don't do those well either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They aren't releasing him outright.

There will a trade.

We might hear about that, but if they are any good, it is a trade after the announcement.

And no, it is a shitty DT draft. Beyond the first three rounds, fuck it.

This is a prime opportunity to talk trade.

Wait. We don't do those well either.
After a trade Reed would be like 8.5 mil on a one year deal. I'm sure you could rework that and extend him and lower the number even some. But he is 28 so I'm not giving up a third, that's crazy. But I'd certainly give up a pick before fighting in free agency over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom