2021 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And what's the worst case scenario? We kick him (or Slater) inside to LG and have an All-Pro OG?
I guess if I knew I was sitting at 10 in 2014 and Donald was gone, I would still feel pretty good getting Zack Martin.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fields is so good and a perfect example of how up its own ass the draft evaluation process can get. I can’t believe some retards have as many as 4 QBs ranked higher.

Fields was a beast of a college performer and leader.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I guess if I knew I was sitting at 10 in 2014 and Donald was gone, I would still feel pretty good getting Zack Martin.
Yea but who's Donald this year?

Everybody loved him in 2014, there's no clear defensive prospect like that in our range this year.

And one thing not mentioned is Sewell's wingspan, which is nearly 81 inches and longer than guys like Bakhtiari, Lewan, Ramczyk and so forth despite those guys having longer arms.

Connor Williams only has about a 77 inch wingspan despite having 33 inch arms, so it's not all pure arm length when Sewell's arms are only 1/4 inch longer but his wingspan is 4 inches larger.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea but who's Donald this year?

Everybody loved him in 2014, there's no clear defensive prospect like that in our range this year.

And one thing not mentioned is Sewell's wingspan, which is nearly 81 inches and longer than guys like Bakhtiari, Lewan, Ramczyk and so forth despite those guys having longer arms.

Connor Williams only has about a 77 inch wingspan despite having 33 inch arms, so it's not all pure arm length when Sewell's arms are only 1/4 inch longer but his wingspan is 4 inches larger.
Yeah Sewell is just a big guy but he doesn't carry the weight like a fatty. If he is there at 10 I take him unless there is something about his character I don't know. Start him at guard for a year if you have to. He would be a big upgrade at LG and then swap him to tackle if Smith gets hurt like he always does or decides to hang it up in a year or two. Sewell is under contract for 5 years. It's not easy to find a talent like him outside the top of a draft.

I think the point was if the guy is an all pro guard it's still a great pick. Hell look at the Skins. Scherff was meant to be a tackle but I don't think they are disappointed in what he is at all.

Cotton

Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's weird how certain many are that the Cowboys have zeroed in on him.
It's because the media are CB whores for Dallas, and have been for 2 decades. We could literally draft a CB and a S in the first and second round of consecutive drafts, and those idiots would still pen a CB to the Cowboys as the next year's first round pick.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably got off the phone with Atlanta since they're seemingly holding a semi-public auction for the 4 pick.
Of course they would. Goff was a throw in. They can claim they wanted him all they want but the truth is Goff wasn't the prize in that trade. He was a throw in to give them a vet arm to start until someone else arrives.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Of course they would. Goff was a throw in. They can claim they wanted him all they want but the truth is Goff wasn't the prize in that trade. He was a throw in to give them a vet arm to start until someone else arrives.
Detroit and Denver may look to move up.

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom