2021 Cowboys Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Texans @ Cowboys | 08/21/21

p1_

DCC 4Life

^ late fourth

^ late second to early third

^ late third

^ third rounder (69th)

Etc, etc.

He was generally seen as a guy who had “talent,” to be a lte first to mid second but all the sources I saw knocked him for other concerns.

It is kind of post draft justifying to call him a legit second. Maybe on talent alone but he was a reach. At least he’s a reach with legit first round upside but the signs so far are looking like they are coming up negative and I’m not really surprised.
and what about Wright?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

^ late fourth

^ late second to early third

^ late third

^ third rounder (69th)

Etc, etc.

He was generally seen as a guy who had “talent,” to be a lte first to mid second but all the sources I saw knocked him for other concerns.

It is kind of post draft justifying to call him a legit second. Maybe on talent alone but he was a reach. At least he’s a reach with legit first round upside but the signs so far are looking like they are coming up negative and I’m not really surprised.

I don't know.

Kiper had him 40th.

Jeremiah had him 31st.

You have a lot of wildly different mocks in there and it's impossible to know who is credible - one had him at 188, which of course is going to skew the average pretty bad.

I don't see much there to change my mind. Most credible sources seem to have him in the range that he went.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
PFN
Could he be a first-round pick? In his latest big board for Pro Football Network, Tony Pauline lists Kelvin Joseph as his 39th ranked prospect in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Kentucky cornerback is ranked fourth at the position. He receives a first to second-round grade from the NFL Draft Analyst and Insider.

PFF
Third round

Walter football
s a worker and in terms of football character, Joseph needs to mature and become a professional. He could go as high as late in the first round in the 2021 NFL Draft, but he could also last until somewhere in Round 3.

SI
Late day 2(third round)

A lot of the mocks had him in the early 2nd. There were times he would go late 1st and as late as early 4th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
PFN
Could he be a first-round pick? In his latest big board for Pro Football Network, Tony Pauline lists Kelvin Joseph as his 39th ranked prospect in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Kentucky cornerback is ranked fourth at the position. He receives a first to second-round grade from the NFL Draft Analyst and Insider.

PFF
Third round

Walter football
s a worker and in terms of football character, Joseph needs to mature and become a professional. He could go as high as late in the first round in the 2021 NFL Draft, but he could also last until somewhere in Round 3.

SI
Late day 2(third round)

A lot of the mocks had him in the early 2nd. There were times he would go late 1st and as late as early 4th.
Yeah the consensus is he went right about where he should have gone in the second tier of corners.

I always thought he was a touch overrated. I expect an Awuzie track for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Random Thoughts:

• Parsons is special, watching him kinda feels like Ware in the preseason in 2005, I remember him getting a sack against the Seahawks in maybe his first preseason game and you just knew. With this guy you just know, not saying he'll be a HOF'er but there's basically no chance this guy doesn't make at least a few Pro Bowls unless something goes very wrong.
  • Our offense, without Dak and Elliott, scored a TD against a starting defense. Of course that was against the Texans but Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't led a TD drive in either game with basically their entire starting offense.
  • Osa and Hamilton look like they can reliably play the run in a similar role as Urban. We won't be elite but I'd be shocked if we're a bottom 5, or bottom 2, or the worst run defense in the league or whatever the hell we were last year.
  • LVE has looked good, I wouldn't lump him in with Jaylon and completely write him off just yet.
  • Hooker looked physically different from the rest of the guys out there in the 2nd half, mostly guys who won't be making rosters to be fair.
  • Connor Williams didn't fuck up a snap and ruin multiple plays/drives while at center, which is something.
  • ST's still look sloppy as hell with a near punt block and like 2 penalties in row but at least Anger can actually uncork a 55-60 yarder or pin a team around their 10, as opposed to shitbird Jones who was just completely horrendous in every facet of punting the last 2 years.
  • Cox is going to be a player, maybe somewhere in the cobwebs of Jerry's mind he'll remember Parcells talking about "progress stoppers" when they discuss Jaylon's role leading up to final cuts.
  • With that said, I'm worried about the fact that they seemingly had LVE/Jaylon and Parsons/Neal rotating drives through a good part of the first half, even in nickel/dime. It may just be their way of not loading up guys in the preseason but it was the dress rehearsal. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though given that McCarthy already publicly called Neal/Parsons their starting nickel LB's.
  • Please OL, stay relatively healthy.
  • McCarthy should be fired if he tries to keep DiNucci on the 53 man roster because his brother played basketball for McCarthy's uncle or whatever weird good old boy NFL nepotism, 3 degree of separation bullshit led to drafting him in the first place.
  • Anae flashed a few more times and may very well be our most talented edge rusher after Lawrence/Gregory, pass rush is at such a premium that you have to keep him. Never play him on neutral downs but you can throw him out there for a few 3rd and 8-12's each game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Nice points. I missed the game, how were Armstrong and the CBs?

Couldn’t tell from the highlights

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Armstrong was well...Armstrong.

The corners were just okay. The only question there is how many we keep. You can count on Diggs and Brown starting with Lewis in the slot. Canady, Joseph and Wright should all make it. Beyond that, the other corners are way outside looking in.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Armstrong was well...Armstrong.

The corners were just okay. The only question there is how many we keep. You can count on Diggs and Brown starting with Lewis in the slot. Canady, Joseph and Wright should all make it. Beyond that, the other corners are way outside looking in.
When is next cut down ?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The Texans had like 120 passing yards so they weren't challenged much, they had to have been decent enough to only give up that many yards but it's hard to tell from the TV view.

Joseph gave up the biggest play I believe, around 20-25 yards, but it wasn't terrible coverage. He also could've easily been flagged for PI in the end zone on a fade but they let it go.

Armstrong didn't seem to flash but I also didn't key in on him.

Top Bottom