2021 Cowboys Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Texans @ Cowboys | 08/21/21

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm a little concerned about him, honestly.
I would say given all the other terrible noise about him - the fact he was a reach, the fact he cares so much about his rap career, his poor performance so far, I would feel pretty comfortable saying the guy is not going to be a true hit as a second round pick. Maybe he sticks around like Awuzie for a bit but never a real valuable player.

Give thanks that Canady looks like good depth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok watching now the fumble was awful by Gilbert.

Also why the fuck was Kearse playing on the first defensive series?

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So outside of the awful Fumble did I miss what Gilbert did wrong? I mean he didn't chose to run the ball on third and 8 I assume.

This games seems more about Rush doing good stuff than it does Gilbert struggling. Just my opinion after watching Gilbert's play. The fumble was awful but he barely got to play outside of that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is supposedly pushing to make the team because of his ST work.
Ok make the team, but why is he playing so heavily. He did break up a pass on the second defensive series. Actually kind of looked like he was playing LBer on the play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok make the team, but why is he playing so heavily. He did break up a pass on the second defensive series. Actually kind of looked like he was playing LBer on the play.
They are looking at a lot of 3 safety packages too. The versatility to play LB helps. Neal is that way for sure.

ZeroClub

UFA
I'm a little concerned about him, honestly.
There was a point during the game that Kelvin Joseph seemed to be trash talking his opponent. Seemed odd at the time, like Joseph was thin-skinned. But he could have been rapping, who knows?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Was he? I don't remember Joseph really being considered a reach.

^ late fourth

^ late second to early third

^ late third

^ third rounder (69th)

Etc, etc.

He was generally seen as a guy who had “talent,” to be a lte first to mid second but all the sources I saw knocked him for other concerns.

It is kind of post draft justifying to call him a legit second. Maybe on talent alone but he was a reach. At least he’s a reach with legit first round upside but the signs so far are looking like they are coming up negative and I’m not really surprised.

Top Bottom