2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Marcellus did have a few sacks here. Poe was absolute shit right out of the gate, no effort whatsoever.
Yep. I think years later Wiley came back and admitted he was as a shell of himself and was happy Jerry Jones signed him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Like I was saying in the Dak thread, we can gain a ton of cap room with just a few restructures.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Shut the hell up, ToooooooD!

We're gonna be players in free agency. It's going to happen.

Cotton

Staff member
Has he been good enough to warrant a franchise tag?
He's a good box safety. Very good tackler. But, it's not a fit for us. We already have one of those in Donovan Wilson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a good box safety. Very good tackler. But, it's not a fit for us. We already have one of those in Donovan Wilson.
Yeah I'm just shocked that we need to be told he won't be franchised. Next there will be an announcement that Chido will not recieve the franchise tag.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah I'm just shocked that we need to be told he won't be franchised. Next there will be an announcement that Chido will not recieve the franchise tag.
I mean, we have the tag.

:towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Keanu Neal would make sense if we used him as a pseudo-LB/safety hybrid. You'd still need a FS but you could keep Wilson on the field with him as basically interchangeable SS/LB's who can play the run and blitz.

Our base could be a 4-2-5 but two of those DB's are box safety/light LB's in today's game, then in dime you can take one of the LB's off the field and replace them with a CB or whatever.

It's a bit of a stretch but I think it could make a lot of sense, it'd just take a good bit of creativity from the defensive coaches.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We never saw Canady in action in Dallas, but his last year in Balitmore he was already as or more effective than Awuzie or Lewis.

Signing another Canady-type should get us to where we aren't forced to draft a fricking CB ten slots earlier than where they should be taken just because JAGs like Awuzie and Lewis left.

More importantly we need to spend real money on a pass rusher and/or interior DL.

The draft isn't going to fix that problem.

Top Bottom