2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Barmore is definitely raw and not great against the run right now but the argument is that with his natural pass rush ability, athleticism and size, you're gambling on his ability to grow in that regard because if he does, he's a Pro Bowler.

If he doesn't he's just a really good 310+ lb. pass rusher who you rotate in base packages and try to save for nickel/dime.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Barmore is a reach at 10. In the first round I want a player who’s already a finished product.
If they trade down into the mid to late teens...then think about him. At any rate I think they like what they have. Hill is like not a bust and stuff. And bring McCoy back, we are set baby.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If they trade down into the mid to late teens...then think about him. At any rate I think they like what they have. Hill is like not a bust and stuff. And bring McCoy back, we are set baby.
Still smells like boom or bust.

I believe as much or more than most we badly need DL help, but I’m not going to just cut the balls off my first round pick and reach if it’s not there. Take the best player that falls irrespective of position, and if it’s a QB, trade.

Packers just tried and failed to trade for Tomlinson and you can bet they’re going all in if he hits FA. Meanwhile Jerry’s like “Ladanian?”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This Slater to Dallas deal is starting to become a thing.

I do not think the guy is worthy of the top 10.

Good player, but I guess I am missing what these other people are seeing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

But who is worthy of 10 that would make sense for us?

It would be really nice to trade down a little this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But who is worthy of 10 that would make sense for us?

It would be really nice to trade down a little this year.
That is my struggle. I want a trade down so bad.

But then again, I come to my senses when I realize who the fuck is actually running things.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Eh I like Slater but I don't think anyone has any idea who the Cowboys are interested in at this point.

And while I like Slater I think it's too high for basically a guy who is going to have to move to guard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh I like Slater but I don't think anyone has any idea who the Cowboys are interested in at this point.

And while I like Slater I think it's too high for basically a guy who is going to have to move to guard.
I have seen that with the guard thing. I have also seen he's a black Zack Martin.

Sorry, just don't see it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To be fair I don't think anybody thought Martin had what you'd call "Martin upside" (i.e. HoF potential) when we took him. Slater does remind me alot of him though in that he lacks ideal size but has excellent balance and an innate ability to reanchor and reposition himself when initially put into a compromised position.

I think he's a pretty comfortable projection as a Pro Bowl OG with LT potential upside, so pretty similar to Martin.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'd love to trade down for obvious reasons. But if it meant missing out on Surtain or Farley, I think it would be a mistake. From what I'm reading we would be fools to pass on either if we had the chance.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Meh. I'd far prefer Farley of the two, but neither of them is some can't miss player we'd be fools to pass on.
I wouldn't take a corner in the first again unless he was the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders. If they are halfway decent, their 2nd contract demands will be ridiculous and we won't resign him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't take a corner in the first again unless he was the 2nd coming of Deion Sanders. If they are halfway decent, their 2nd contract demands will be ridiculous and we won't resign him.
This team seems to be headlong committed to a corner based on these mocks to the point some have Farley and Surtain gone and us taking Horn.

I guarantee you, Jerry Jones will take the shortcut quicker starter like Surtain or Horn vs investing in a more talented player like Rousseau.

That idiot thinks we're going to the Superbowl every year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This team seems to be headlong committed to a corner based on these mocks to the point some have Farley and Surtain gone and us taking Horn.

I guarantee you, Jerry Jones will take the shortcut quicker starter like Surtain or Horn vs investing in a more talented player like Rousseau.

That idiot thinks we're going to the Superbowl every year.
Huh? Since when do mock drafts decide what we take?

These guys mock corners to us EVERY. DAMN. YEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom