2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So do I. I just don't trust our braintrust to maximize it.
Initially I wanted to stay put because we could really use an impact defender, but the more I think about it, if we trade back a handful of spots the same types of defenders will probably still be available. If there's an Aaron Donald type available at 10 that's one thing but that doesn't appear to be the case. Especially with the opt outs it's harder to evaluate some of these guys.

If the best defender is a corner, I'm not in a hurry to pull the trigger.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Initially I wanted to stay put because we could really use an impact defender, but the more I think about it, if we trade back a handful of spots the same types of defenders will probably still be available. If there's an Aaron Donald type available at 10 that's one thing but that doesn't appear to be the case. Especially with the opt outs it's harder to evaluate some of these guys.

If the best defender is a corner, I'm not in a hurry to pull the trigger.
This is exactly where I'm at.

Like, Parsons or Rousseau or Farley or whatever at 10 is fine, but I feel like we could trade down to the late teens/early 20's and still get a guy who is more or less on par with what we could get at 10.

Someone like Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, Jaelan Phillips, Daviyon Nixon or even Rousseau himself.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Unless you gain significant value in the trade down, don't miss out on a top talent at 10. Someone always falls. Just take the best player this side of a WR or QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is exactly where I'm at.

Like, Parsons or Rousseau or Farley or whatever at 10 is fine, but I feel like we could trade down to the late teens/early 20's and still get a guy who is more or less on par with what we could get at 10.

Someone like Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, Jaelan Phillips, Daviyon Nixon or even Rousseau himself.
If there isn't a clear that's my guy at our pick we absolutely should trade down. Don't trade down for the sake of trading down. But don't take a guy just for the sake of saying you got a top 10 talent either. I'd be thrilled with an extra second rounder for trading down.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
team logo

• DAL

Zaven Collins
    LB Tulsa
    trade icon
  • DAL

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon
    trade icon
  • DAL

Daviyon Nixon
    DT Iowa
    trade icon
  • DAL

Shaka Toney
    EDGE Penn State

• DAL

Ambry Thomas
    CB Michigan
    trade icon
  • DAL

Tyler Vrabel
    OT Boston College

• 2022 BAL 1st
  • 2022 BAL 2nd
  • 2022 CLE 2nd
  • 2022 BUF 3rd

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
10: R1 P10 LB Micah Parsons - Penn State
42: R2 P10 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
74: R3 P10 DL Daviyon Nixon - Iowa
98: R3 P34 S Jevon Holland - Oregon
112: R4 P10 EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington
136: R4 P34 DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
148: R5 P7 CB Aaron Robinson - Central Florida
176: R5 P35 WR Jaelon Darden - North Texas
217: R6 P38 TE Tre' McKitty - Georgia
232: R7 P10 OT Alaric Jackson - Iowa

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am willing to bet that both Collins and Nixon are 1st rounders when all is said and done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
pretty sure Collins will go in the teens and will be the target if a small trade down occurs.
I'm not sure we will seriously consider a LBer in the first. Collins is interesting but I can't seem to get past the fact that he looks too big to be a LBer. He looks more like a really thick DE to me. You put him next to Randy Gregory and he is going to look like more of a base DE than Gregory.

Now that's not to say he isn't a LBer. He is a really good LBer. I have some fears about his speed and change of direction at that size. I think he will run a really good 40 which will put him in the first round. Hell I think he is going to ace the measurables and looks tests. I really like him but he reminds me more of an old school 3-4 inside LBer and I just think it's because of his size.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

10: R1 P10 LB Micah Parsons - Penn State
42: R2 P10 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
74: R3 P10 DL Daviyon Nixon - Iowa
98: R3 P34 S Jevon Holland - Oregon
112: R4 P10 EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington
136: R4 P34 DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
148: R5 P7 CB Aaron Robinson - Central Florida
176: R5 P35 WR Jaelon Darden - North Texas
217: R6 P38 TE Tre' McKitty - Georgia
232: R7 P10 OT Alaric Jackson - Iowa
Homer emoji

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Now that's not to say he isn't a LBer. He is a really good LBer. I have some fears about his speed and change of direction at that size. I think he will run a really good 40 which will put him in the first round. Hell I think he is going to ace the measurables and looks tests.
That's probably why that coach I listen to thinks he'll end up as a 34 olb edge guy.

But a big, versatile guy like that... Seems like a Patriot pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd love it but not at the cost of pick 10. Here's to hoping he falls to the second like Diggs did. Maybe a 4.56 forty would do that.
Where did Diggs project to go last year?

Doubt a guy thats been projected as high as 4 falls to pick 40 something but I guess its possible.

Im on team Barmore. At 10 as he climbs I would expect or a trade down (which is probably unlikely unless a QB falls).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Where did Diggs project to go last year?

Doubt a guy thats been projected as high as 4 falls to pick 40 something but I guess its possible.

Im on team Barmore. At 10 as he climbs I would expect or a trade down (which is probably unlikely unless a QB falls).
Brugler had him going at #17 in his last mock before the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom