2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To me it's like buying a $10,000 faucet for your kitchen while the roof needs replaced and the foundation is cracking. Yes he would be awesome to have but useless if you don't fix the foundation and roof first.
Good thing there is free agency.

I can’t imagine a better player available than Pitts. We are here arguing about Slater or whatnot.

Pitts is possibly the only elite talent in that range. Worry about fit later.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Slater is really good but I think Pitts would be the clear BPA, which is why I've been asking for about 2 months if we can afford to pass him up?

I think we can do enough in FA to take Pitts at 10 and be fine but who knows what these chucklefucks will do?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Slater is really good but I think Pitts would be the clear BPA, which is why I've been asking for about 2 months if we can afford to pass him up?

I think we can do enough in FA to take Pitts at 10 and be fine but who knows what these chucklefucks will do?
If Pitts falls to 10, he’s better than Slater so you take him and pocket the value.

In 2022, when either Cooper or Gallup are gone you’ll already be set.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
More "position flex" :budd
Eh, it's not position flex anymore than say Honey Badger has position flex. He is a really good safety prospect. I'd be thrilled with him in round 2. But no way should he be going top 10. He isn't that type of safety.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Moehrig in the first, preferably after a trade down. Grant, Holland, or maybe Cisco in the 2nd/3rd

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, it's not position flex anymore than say Honey Badger has position flex. He is a really good safety prospect. I'd be thrilled with him in round 2. But no way should he be going top 10. He isn't that type of safety.
Right, you don't take someone in the top 10 and say he could be used at cornerback (not slot) or safety. You better know exactly what he is if you're taking him that high. If you don't, he almost certainly isn't that good.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have him as a third round value in this safety class. Certainly not a top 10 nor top 50 really.
I'd take him or Trevon Moehrig in the 2nd and be happy about it. Maybe even Richie Grant if the other two are gone.

A pretty good talent would have had to fall to make me not want to take them there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like most of the safeties named so far but Richard LeCounte is a forgotten man who would be in the 2nd round conversation if he hadn't had a freak car/motorcycle/whatever accident that kept him out for most of the year. He'd be a steal in the 3rd or 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom