2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Looks like Surtain Jr or Farley to me. Maybe Greg Rousseau. I guess everything is subject to change if anyone wows or disappoints at a pro day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And before the Sr. Bowl he was a projected late round pick. I don’t think people would buy that steep a climb
I think he will be a really good second/third round pick but I'm not over hyping the guy from one week of a Senior Bowl that I thought was kind of weak. I do think he was being underrated up to that point though. Sometimes talented players get overlooked.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I finally watched some clips of Zaven Collins... I don't see how he makes it out of the first round. Looks like a total badass. I didn't expect him to move as well as he does at that size.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would. We pretty much know what will be there at 10 unless a QB falls. I don't see a big drop in those 7 picks.
I wouldn't but only because pick 80 seems pretty low in return for that move. But I could be wrong. I'd rather have my pick of a group as opposed to taking what's left at 17. At least if my only compensation is a third round pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally watched some clips of Zaven Collins... I don't see how he makes it out of the first round. Looks like a total badass. I didn't expect him to move as well as he does at that size.
I don't think he makes it out of the first either but he would be well worth a trade up to add 2 impact defenders in this draft if it's possible.

Cotton

Staff member
I wouldn't but only because pick 80 seems pretty low in return for that move
You would be correct. The difference in value (according to the NFL trade charts) between 10th and 17th is 350 points. That's just shy of what the value of their 2nd pick would be. The 80th is valued at 190 points.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You would be correct. The difference in value (according to the NFL trade charts) between 10th and 17th is 350 points. That's just shy of what the value of their 2nd pick would be. The 80th is valued at 190 points.
Exactly, seems like a bit of a rape. Now give me their second and I kick them back a fourth and I'm in.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, my first thought was, "That's not nearly enough for them to move up that much."

Maybe if they throw in Jeff Heath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom