2021 Cowboys Cuts/Signings

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They should have already been able to make that determination before bringing him in for a visit though.

To my knowledge, he's not hurt. This might be different from Hooker when they brought him in for a temp check on his health and didn't like it.
Teams bring guys in for workouts all the time that they don't necessarily decide to sign. You act like this is unusual. You want to see if a guy is in shape and ready to go incase you need him later. Or you see that he isn't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm okay with sticking with what we have at backup. If Dak goes down we aren't winning shit anyway.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm okay with sticking with what we have at backup. If Dak goes down we aren't winning shit anyway.

Now that Alex Smith is retiring I agree. I can't see anyone else available that is worth anything.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Winning a game or two with the backup would depend greatly on who the opponent is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is a competitive profession, and teams are always, always, always supposed to try to find the best players they can at every position they can.

When the defense and particularly the defensive line is as atrocious as it was last year, not a single player on that defense should be surprised if they're cut loose at any time this off-season.

I'm sure Woods was expecting a chance to at least compete, but that's the way it goes sometimes when the team is trying to improve from a rock bottom performance from your unit, they brought in some younger talent, and there's a numbers crunch in relation to the roster limit and the salary cap.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This is a competitive profession, and teams are always, always, always supposed to try to find the best players they can at every position they can.

When the defense and particularly the defensive line is as atrocious as it was last year, not a single player on that defense should be surprised if they're cut loose at any time this off-season.

I'm sure Woods was expecting a chance to at least compete, but that's the way it goes sometimes when the team is trying to improve from a rock bottom performance from your unit, they brought in some younger talent, and there's a numbers crunch in relation to the roster limit and the salary cap.
and honestly, if Woods is as good as he thinks, he will find another team who will appreciate him. My bet is Oakland.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Sounds like from his Tweet that somebody told him he would get a chance to compete and now where is he? That is no way to treat an original Hot Boy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
and honestly, if Woods is as good as he thinks, he will find another team who will appreciate him. My bet is Oakland.
The worst DT from the least talented and least developed defensive tackle group in the country.

Time to join the real world son, you are now an NFL fan.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom