2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No shit. Starting to feel a little better now.
The OL's inability to run block is concerning me now. Bedenbaugh was hyping the OL up leading into the season but they've looked very average, IMO.

Hopefully it's just early season rust and they get this fixed before we hit the meat of the schedule in October.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The OL's inability to run block is concerning me now. Bedenbaugh was hyping the OL up leading into the season but they've looked very average, IMO.

Hopefully it's just early season rust and they get this fixed before we hit the meat of the schedule in October.
I just don't see a first round pick with Rattler. Maybe I'm wrong but I have to imagine we are talking about him as the top QB in the class because there aren't a lot of great options.

In just the last two series he badly threw behind 2 guys. One leading to a pick. He threw a ball away inside the pocket and got a penalty. I sure wouldn't want to be a team needing a QB in this draft.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just don't see a first round pick with Rattler. Maybe I'm wrong but I have to imagine we are talking about him as the top QB in the class because there aren't a lot of great options.

In just the last two series he badly threw behind 2 guys. One leading to a pick. He threw a ball away inside the pocket and got a penalty. I sure wouldn't want to be a team needing a QB in this draft.
If Rattler goes in the first, there is a team desperately in need of a QG and needing to do some stretching before making that reach.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No idea what I'm going to do for the next 4 hours. Let's gooo mfers!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I love good old fashioned Big 10 football.

I have really enjoyed this game between Penn State and Wisconsin.

The only thing missing is it being played in 40 degree weather in early November to make it perfect.

Cotton

Staff member

The only thing missing is it being played in 40 degree weather in early November to make it perfect.
This is the game I'm watching currently. Missed the first part of it.

Cotton

Staff member
How was that not helmet to helmet on Penn?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How was that not helmet to helmet on Penn?
By definition it is, but I hate these because it's not targeting and it's not blatant.

You're taught to lower your head when you make a tackle and he's coming at a high rate of speed.

WTF are you supposed to do?

It's practically impossible for the helmets to avoid contact there.

But my guess is these morons flag it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I knew it.

It's a bad call as it is, but an ejection?

Come on man..... your can't eject a player for technically not doing anything wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
They have got to fix the targeting rule in college football. That was helmet to helmet, no doubt, but targeting and an ejection? That's ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member
By definition it is, but I hate these because it's not targeting and it's not blatant.

You're taught to lower your head when you make a tackle and he's coming at a high rate of speed.

WTF are you supposed to do?

It's practically impossible for the helmets to avoid contact there.

But my guess is these morons flag it.
I think it was helmet to helmet. He absolutely struck the QBs helmet, but there should be a difference between helmet to helmet and targeting that causes an ejection. They need to fix it.

Cotton

Staff member
What a fucking catch. Wow.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Csb time...

So of course I like big time college football, but my second, smaller college team is Air Force. I've liked them since I was a kid mostly because I love the triple option, plus you have to love what the service academy kids stand for.

Find their game today on Stadium and they're playing Lafayette. Not Louisiana-Lafayette like I first think, but this tiny college in Pennsylvania. Then I hear the announcers say something about their coach John Garrett, and think oh no, it can't be... but he is a gaunt, pale looking mofo so I look it up and yes, it's that John Garrett. Dagger to the heart, Martellus...  :ballpunch:doh

Cotton

Staff member
What a fucking game this is.

Cotton

Staff member
Damn, I almost feel sorry for Wisconsin. Looked like they fought their asses off.

Cotton

Staff member
Csb time...

So of course I like big time college football, but my second, smaller college team is Air Force. I've liked them since I was a kid mostly because I love the triple option, plus you have to love what the service academy kids stand for.

Find their game today on Stadium and they're playing Lafayette. Not Louisiana-Lafayette like I first think, but this tiny college in Pennsylvania. Then I hear the announcers say something about their coach John Garrett, and think oh no, it can't be... but he is a gaunt, pale looking mofo so I look it up and yes, it's that John Garrett. Dagger to the heart, Martellus...  :ballpunch:doh
That is fantastic. :lol

Err, I mean, terrible!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
3 more hours. I already cooked and ate Cornish hen.

Beef ribs are on.I expect the house to be mine unit 11ish.

Cotton

Staff member
3 more hours. I already cooked and ate Cornish hen.

Beef ribs are on.I expect the house to be mine unit 11ish.
Was the "unit" a typo or a Freudian slip? :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah...Wisconsin had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom