How was the live Cowboys practice on DallasCowboys.com today? Totally missed it

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
How was the live Cowboys practice on DallasCowboys.com today? Totally missed it
You didn't miss anything, they weren't allowed to show even a single play

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

You’re kidding! Thank you for the info though. That’s weird, WTH could they show then?
One long ass interview with Irvin scattered with occasional shots of the players in uniforms with no numbers

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We should be so fucking lucky if he’s half the coach Parcells was.
Giants/Patriots Parcells? Absolutely.

Cowboys Parcells? Eh. Half as good as that wouldn't be good enough.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

You’re kidding! Thank you for the info though. That’s weird, WTH could they show then?
Couldnt take the chance that Covid could be transported via the TV

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

If we are having a practice with Garrett, is he talking like this?
This is definitely McCarthy's work. Jerry's brain has been pickled in Johnnie Walker for 50+ years. No way in hell he'd have thought of strategic tactics like this.

Damn it feels good having a forward thinking coach in charge rather than one whose "strength" is serving up empty platitudes and cheesy t-shirt slogans like "Finish the fight".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is definitely McCarthy's work. Jerry's brain has been pickled in Johnnie Walker for 50+ years. No way in hell he'd have thought of strategic tactics like this.

Damn it feels good having a forward thinking coach in charge rather than one whose "strength" is serving up empty platitudes and cheesy t-shirt slogans like "Finish the fight".
I agree, why give teams an advantage.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I know it sucks for us fans, but I like it.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I love this. Instead of a clueless, dysfunctional coaching staff that tips their hand at every turn, and tries to convince everyone that having the new guy call the defensive plays while letting the old guy keep the title is 'perfectly normal', we now have a staff that uses any and everything they can to their advantage. this is the kind of stuff Belichick uses every chance he gets, sometimes going so far as to go against the rules. But great coaches leave no stone unturned and do everything they can to gain a competitive edge.

Last edited:

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
If he's healthy, I'm thinking he makes it based on his special teams play. And Noah Brown seems to be consistently making plays as well, so it's looking like Devin Smith might be the odd man out. That's too bad because I like the speed element Smith can bring. Everyone else looks like a 6'1" or taller, 4.5 and above 40-time type of receiver.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
let me tell you, other coaches are so dumb in this league, the ball doesnt have to go to the qb, that qb if he does get the ball for the play, idk, might toss it to an oline man, he might throw it at the fans, lots of things that the QB can do, defintely isnt limited to TEs, WRs, or Rbs. So no defensive coach is going to know where that ball is going to go.

No defensive coach is going to say hey, they are going to shock us and take out Amari Cooper and replace him with the punter. True story bro, im expecting Cooper to sit for Jones and the Cowboys will move Jones into the WR slot and bam, we re clueless.

Coaches are going to know what every team is doing. play the damn game.

Top Bottom