2020 Season | Week 7 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys @ Redskins | 10/25/2020

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've said it many times, but I'd trust a group of 10-15 people from this board to make personnel decisions at least as much as the guys who are in charge of the team. And that's assuming I'm not personally involved, because if I were then obviously I'd trust it more than these fucking buffoons.

One positive thing I'll say is that I appreciate how the coaches prioritized DT, they just didn't attack it the right way. Hopefully that mindset sticks whether McCarthy is here or not.
Picking one damaged and one fat turd is definitely not attacking it the right way. Add in the project draft pick, it was a total fuck up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone notice that we haven't heard of a single blow up inside the locker room? That's also a tell-tale sign that these losers don't care.

In years past when the team hit a rough patch and played poorly for multiple weeks there would be a handful of guys in the locker room ripping into their teammates and tossing furniture. Similar to what we got from Michael Bennett last year.

I haven't seen or read any reports of Cowboys players being angry after all these embarrassing losses. It's like it doesn't bother them at all.
Maybe they are too busy trying to get better versus getting mad. You know, like the guys too busy blocking and stuff to notice their QB getting his head knocked off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Picking one damaged and one fat turd is definitely not attacking it the right way. Add in the project draft pick, it was a total fuck up.
Yea, luckily there should be some solid options in the FA class this year in Dalvin Tomlinson, DJ Jones and Sheldon Rankins, among a few other budget choices.

The problem is these shitbirds need to make a trip to the Wizard of Oz first so they can find a fucking brain instead of spending $10 million on pieces of shit like Worley, Canady, Olawale, Thompson and others of that ilk, not to mention Crawford's cap hit.

It's truly mind boggling that these idiots are so willing to throw around $2-3 million at a handful of shitbird Olawale types instead of actually going after one or two legitimate starting caliber players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Maybe McCarthy needs to call up Garrett and ask where he got the FIGHT t-shirts.

midswat

... soon
Sounds like somebody needs to call a players only meeting.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You are more optimistic than me. :lol

I can't think of a single team they can beat.
I pulled that number just because the law of averages says they might get another win or two in there somewhere.

Even the 2015 Cowboys that didn't look like they would win another game found a way to get one late, so it's possible this team will get a win or two.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they lost out because they look pitiful and completely inept.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
One of the things that bothers me is the non-response from the coaching staff. I'll give the players the benefit of the doubt and accept that they haven't quit. But they certainly aren't playing hard either. I don't think anyone can look themselves in the mirror and say they left it all on the field.

Which leads me back to the coaching staff. The coaching staff sees the mental errors and lack of effort each week. It jumps out at you live during games and I'm sure it's obvious as hell during film sessions. So my problem is the coaches keep running the same offenders out there each and every week. There's practically zero consequences for poor play.

The only shakeup in the lineup for poor play that I can recall is Worley & Thompson being pulled. But those are bottom of the roster WGAS players who won't be in the NFL in 2021. There's no message of accountability being sent when you bench players of that caliber. Especially when well-known repeat offenders like Poe and Jaylon Smith continue to skate unpunished. I don't care if the backups are worse, I'd love to see some JAG inserted as a starter in place of a guy like Jaylon.....just for the message it would send.
Exactly.

And that's why I don't think you can bring any of them back, not even McCarthy, if this ends up being a 3 or 4 win season.

It's not just about the poor job they've done. It's about the lack of belief the players will have in that staff after such a disastrous season.

It's not even Halloween and you can clearly see the players have checked out. They don't believe in this staff and that's only going to get worse as this awful season goes on.

You cannot bring back a staff or even the HC for another season that the players have already tuned out. The Cowboys would basically be sabotaging next season if they did that.

I don't expect Jerry Jones to wipe the staff clean, but he may be put into a position where he at least has to entertain the idea of this season plays out the way we all expect it to.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The primary problem of the team is I think that the majority of the coaching staff including the HC is not acting or coaching the way the team members knows they should be doing.. They resent this group and are trying to play with a system they know doesn’t befit the player make up. Even when Dak was active the production appeared good but the efforts were not rewarded by winning games. The quickest way to get a team in turmoil is to force a system on players that they can’t see results being rewarded by their efforts.

Now that Dak is out for the year the offense is essentially neutered and the defense is playing more like a Pop Warner group. I seem to think the upper tier of the offense is not being utilized correctly because now Elliot is screwing the pooch with his lack of production and the cream of the crop receivers don’t have a reliable QB to keep them in the games. The frustrating part of all of it is that there is no way to change the way of the mess they are in this because unfortunately the teams offensive attack is relegated to a rushing attack that is almot non existent and a passing attack that in the same boat.

The players are now at odds with each other and the staff doesn’t seem to come up with a fix to the problems. Player personnel is not able to help the QB or the rushing game and defense is still a fire drill even with personnel additions.

What left is a lot of finger pointing and low moral.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Will be fascinating to see if Stephen can continue with all this bullshit talk as this horrid team death marches to 3-13.
He did it just five years ago.... made me sick how easily he brushed that off.

data

Forbes #1
Bears at Rams..alright. I wonder if they got any new art pieces.

midswat

... soon

So he is saying they are gutless pussies.

I can agree with that.
Ironic because the last coach always had this team battling, scratching, and clawing out there and you all were nothing but quick to run him off.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The primary problem of the team is I think that the majority of the coaching staff including the HC is not acting or coaching the way the team members knows they should be doing.. They resent this group and are trying to play with a system they know doesn’t befit the player make up. Even when Dak was active the production appeared good but the efforts were not rewarded by winning games. The quickest way to get a team in turmoil is to force a system on players that they can’t see results being rewarded by their efforts.

Now that Dak is out for the year the offense is essentially neutered and the defense is playing more like a Pop Warner group. I seem to think the upper tier of the offense is not being utilized correctly because now Elliot is screwing the pooch with his lack of production and the cream of the crop receivers don’t have a reliable QB to keep them in the games. The frustrating part of all of it is that there is no way to change the way of the mess they are in this because unfortunately the teams offensive attack is relegated to a rushing attack that is almot non existent and a passing attack that in the same boat.

The players are now at odds with each other and the staff doesn’t seem to come up with a fix to the problems. Player personnel is not able to help the QB or the rushing game and defense is still a fire drill even with personnel additions.

What left is a lot of finger pointing and low moral.
and a steaming pile product on the playing field.

Top Bottom