2020 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter | Browns @ Cowboys | 10/4/2020

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What are you replacing him with? We won't have enough draft picks to shore up every position and saving $400k isn't exactly gonna get us a stud FA replacement.
Joe Thomas? Francis Bernard? Someone we draft in the 3rd?

Who cares at this point? He's been arguably our worst defensive player and you have to consider the additional flexibility we'd have to resign someone like Gallup with him off the books.

I'm saying we should cut him next off-season, not tomorrow by the way.

data

Forbes #1
Absolutely. Just read the game and how things were playing out. Cleveland had clearly gotten tight and was feeling the pressure of the moment. That Cleveland franchise is just as mentally battered and weak as the Cowboys. You saw it in their eyes.....they were thinking "here we go again."

So there's a good chance that nerves and lack of confidence get to them if they're backed up to their own 25.
After horrendous Week One, Browns have scored 35, 34 and now 49.

It is finally happening for them?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Joe Thomas? Francis Bernard? Someone we draft in the 3rd?

Who cares at this point? He's been arguably our worst defensive player and you have to consider the additional flexibility we'd have to resign someone like Gallup with him off the books.

I'm saying we should cut him next off-season, not tomorrow by the way.
is this before or after we cut Tyrone Crawford?

GShock

DCC 4Life
You remember when I said I'd have been fine with Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen at 17 (obviously assuming Lamb would've been long gone)?

This is why.

I think I could argue that off-ball LB is our biggest need on defense, although basically everything else except CB is there right along with it.
It's so bad.

It looks like we are running a 3-2-3 defense.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I haven't read through the entire thread but it feels like Amari Cooper got a bit of a pass for pulling up on his route that led to Dak's INT.

Cooper loafed and didn't make much of an effort to cross in front of the DB's face. He ran the route as if he were simply a decoy.

He's making too much money to not fight harder for positioning in that situation.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I haven't ready through the entire thread but it feels like Amari Cooper got a bit of a pass for pulling up on his route that led to Dak's INT.

Cooper loafed and didn't make much of an effort to cross in front of the DB's face. He ran the route as if he were simply a decoy.

He's making too much money to not fight harder for positioning in that situation.
Okay so I'm not crazy. Looks like he owned up to it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay so I'm not crazy. Looks like he owned up to it.

Yeah, he definitely held up. I wasn't sure what he was doing at the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So they scrapped, battled and clawed.

Awesome.
I feel lile some of the problem with McCarthy has always been that he sort of doesn't question the defense or what they do. He is an offensive guy. And no one can question the effort of the offense. But I feel like he is turning a blind eye to what the defense did. And maybe he just doesn't want to take sides and create that divide between the offense and defense. In a way I wish we would have just been blown out so that he could question everyones effort.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel lile some of the problem with McCarthy has always been that he sort of doesn't question the defense or what they do. He is an offensive guy. And no one can question the effort of the offense. But I feel like he is turning a blind eye to what the defense did. And maybe he just doesn't want to take sides and create that divide between the offense and defense. In a way I wish we would have just been blown out so that he could question everyones effort.
He went through a few DCs in Green Bay too.

He made a poor choice initially to start here. I bet he gets the five years...and we shuffle between 2-3 coordinators.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He went through a few DCs in Green Bay too.

He made a poor choice initially to start here. I bet he gets the five years...and we shuffle between 2-3 coordinators.
Yeah I remember some years the Packers had some awful defenses and they just sprt of relied on Aaron Rodgers and the offense to put up a ton of points. It sort of feels that way for us now. I wish McCarthy would get pissed off at how this defense is playing. You're the head coach not an offensive coordinator.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I remember some years the Packers had some awful defenses and they just sprt of relied on Aaron Rodgers and the offense to put up a ton of points. It sort of feels that way for us now. I wish McCarthy would get pissed off at how this defense is playing. You're the head coach not an offensive coordinator.
Yep, he really is more of a walk-around coach now than he ever was in GB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ugh, forgot about this game starting early...

So I guess Stidham isn't even close to being able to play? Because Hoyer was terrible five years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ugh, forgot about this game starting early...

So I guess Stidham isn't even close to being able to play? Because Hoyer was terrible five years ago.
The fact they are going with Hoyer tells me that Stidham sucks ass.

Top Bottom