2020 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter | Falcons at Cowboys | 9/20/2020

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sadly this play was still a TD to Calvin Ridley. NFL QBs...
I'd love to know what the fuck we are trying to do with the other pass rushers on this play

Literally looks like everyone else is sort of waiting to catch blocks.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd love to know what the fuck we are trying to do with the other pass rushers on this play

Literally looks like everyone else is sort of waiting to catch blocks.
Well 2 guys are double teamed and Lawrence is singled (lol). Lawrence actually beats his guy and has Ridley been covered would have been in on the sack.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well 2 guys are double teamed and Lawrence is singled (lol). Lawrence actually beats his guy and has Ridley been covered would have been in on the sack.
Yeah, you can really tell how the two point stance slows him down here though. He is so slow to react that the Online has to go a little upfield to pass block him. Just looks so delayed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This year's MNF broadcast crew is their best since Madden and Al Michael's jumped ship to NBC.
I think so too. They aren't anything special, but they call the game without the bits and schtick. No Boogermobile and especially no Joe Tessitore. His overdone announcer voice drove me crazy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hill has been our best DL after Aldon Smith, which is equal parts sad and shocking, but also somewhat encouraging given that we may actually have a young DT on the roster worth a shit.
I've seen more from him already than I expected out of him this year. I actually can see the promise that caused the Cowboys to want to draft him. He is just scratching the surface of his potential but if we even just had 2 DTs doing as much as he is we would be in a lot better shape.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've seen more from him already than I expected out of him this year. I actually can see the promise that caused the Cowboys to want to draft him. He is just scratching the surface of his potential but if we even just had 2 DTs doing as much as he is we would be in a lot better shape.
Yea, and hopefully sooner than later we can pair Gallimore with him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Noticed he replaced Crawford as the starter after week 1.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think Poe has been terrible necessarily, he's a role-player who plays a role where you won't notice what he's doing as far as clogging running lanes. The Rams running game killed us in the first half but since then the run defense has been pretty solid overall.

Our run defense has given up 3.6 YPC across two games, and if you exclude the QB runs, which Poe probably wasn't even on the field for since those usually happen against nickel/dime in passing situations, the average looks even better.

He's not going to pop off the screen as a pass-rusher, nor will he even be on the field in clear pass-rushing situations, but overall I'd say he's done a decent enough job against the run.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Poe has been terrible necessarily, he's a role-player who plays a role where you won't notice what he's doing as far as clogging running lanes. The Rams running game killed us in the first half but since then the run defense has been pretty solid overall.

Our run defense has given up 3.6 YPC across two games, and if you exclude the QB runs, which Poe probably wasn't even on the field for since those usually happen against nickel/dime in passing situations, the average looks even better.

He's not going to pop off the screen as a pass-rusher, nor will he even be on the field in clear pass-rushing situations, but overall I'd say he's done a decent enough job against the run.
I agree with this. He is a plugger now. I think when he was a bit younger he was more of a guy that could push the pocket and stop the run. Now he looks more like your traditional NT who just sort of clogs the middle. And like you said, he is probably off the field in most third down pass rushing situations so his opportunities to rush the passer are limited too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And why is Poe such a dud, by comparison
His role is different though. From his position he's not meant to be a penetrator but to pressure by pushing the LOS and anchoring.

It seems Poe has too high a center of balance to be a pure NT.

p1_

DCC 4Life

And I see his job primarily as a lane clogging run stopper. I suppose his work goes largely unnoticed , but I thought he would be more stout and somewhat unmovable in the middle

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And I see his job primarily as a lane clogging run stopper. I suppose his work goes largely unnoticed , but I thought he would be more stout and somewhat unmovable in the middle
Yea but our YPC average of 3.6 is like 7th best in the league right now, so it hasn't been all bad. If you take out the QB runs that probably goes down to like 3.3.

The guy isn't the reincarnation of Sam Adams but I think he's way down the list of problems on defense.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is washed up. Some DT's seems to burn out after they get their second contract.
Let's not pretend that Poe was ever great to get that second contract. This is like his fourth.

I would prefer we get into the Snacks sweepstakes, but I guess we are good.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Then there’s Antwan Woods, thinks he’s on offense

Top Bottom