2020 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter | Falcons at Cowboys | 9/20/2020

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mike McCarthy was moved when his players gave him a game ball for his first win as Cowboys’ coach. “Those are the moments in this great game that you always remember,” he said. “ Those are the moments when you’re sitting on the porch at the end of the journey, you’ll look back on. I mean, it was a great regular season win for us, no doubt about it. To come early in the season like this, I think there is definitely an opportunity to build off this win.”

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Cotton

Staff member
Special teams coordinator John Fassel said he heard from a number of colleagues after Greg Zuerlein’s successful onside kick attempt from Atlanta. So much so that he apologized to those he had not gotten back to yet. But does he have more tricks in the bag? “Oh you know it. We’re still learning too about ourselves and some other things we can do,” he said. “I guess that game we emptied it out. But we’ve got a bullpen full of them that we can fill it back up with.”

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Special teams coordinator John Fassel said he heard from a number of colleagues after Greg Zuerlein’s successful onside kick attempt from Atlanta. So much so that he apologized to those he had not gotten back to yet. But does he have more tricks in the bag? “Oh you know it. We’re still learning too about ourselves and some other things we can do,” he said. “I guess that game we emptied it out. But we’ve got a bullpen full of them that we can fill it back up with.”

I appreciate the bag of tricks but wish he had a punter in that bag as well. Tricks are great but you need guys who can get the job done and Chris Jones simply can't. He is a handicap that weighs down on the unit.

p1_

DCC 4Life

So does Fassel get a redemption for the bonehead fake punt fails?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So does Fassel get a redemption for the bonehead fake punt fails?
I think a lot of special teams guys want to pick his brain about that onside kick. Was it luck or brilliance? It's hard to say for sure yet but probably some of both.

Cotton

Staff member

Yep. I said it was a great move when it happened. If you don't make it, you can strategize on how to get there. If you wait until (potentially) the end of the game and don't get it, you're just screwed.

Top Bottom