2020 Season | Week 17 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 1/3/2021

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett could never win and get in. MM may win and not get in. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's kind of in a thankless position. I think he's done a great job but when you have a QB like Aaron Rodgers you're not going to get as much credit as you deserve.

Andy Reid gets the credit he deserves because he had a long history of success prior to Mahomes arrival.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
@Iamtdg I noticed Whataburger has a new spicy chicken sandwich. Have you tried it? If so, how does it stack up to Chick-Fil-A's or Popeyes?
I haven't tried it yet, but given it's Whataburger, I just have to assume it will be better than any other chicken sandwich on the planet.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I haven't tried it yet, but given it's Whataburger, I just have to assume it will be better than any other chicken sandwich on the planet.
even if Whataburger sold out to a Chicago based firm?

1bigfan13

Staff member
So Wentz isn't even going to be dressed today. Healthy scratch.

I guess that means they want to make sure he's healthy as possible to maintain whatever trade value he has.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So Wentz isn't even going to be dressed today. Healthy scratch.

I guess that many whey want to make sure he's healthy as possible to maintain whatever trade value he has.
Um, Hurts has been the starter for how many weeks?

Cotton

Staff member
even if Whataburger sold out to a Chicago based firm?
They were smart. They haven't changed anything. If they had, they would have lost half their customer base and they knew that.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Staff member
Um, Hurts has been the starter for how many weeks?
About 3 weeks but the momentum and excitement he brought to the table is fading pretty fast.

The last couple of games he's taken just as many sacks as Wentz. His completion percentage is a lot lower and he's been pretty bad in the 2nd half of games once teams figured out his limitations.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
About 3 weeks but the momentum and excitement he brought to the table is fading pretty fast.

The last couple of games he's taken just as many sacks as Wentz. His completion percentage is a lot lower and he's been pretty bad in the 2nd half of games once teams figured out his limitations.
Wait, I was told we just hadn't seen enough of Hurts to know he isn't fit to be a starting NFL QB.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wait, I was told we just hadn't seen enough of Hurts to know he isn't fit to be a starting NFL QB.
People who watched him in college saw this coming a mile away. He got off to a fast start at Oklahoma but by the 2nd half of the season teams had figured him out. He still racked up a decent amount of total yards and scores but those numbers were mostly built on scramble drills and backyard football type of plays. You can get away with that in college but you can't make a living playing like that in the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
It would be nice to finally get a win off of Tom Brady before he retires.

I wonder if there's another Hall of Fame caliber QB who went undefeated against the Cowboys.

Time to hit Google to see what I can find.

Cotton

Staff member
People who watched him in college saw this coming a mile away. He got off to a fast start at Oklahoma but by the 2nd half of the season teams had figured him out. He still racked up a decent amount of total yards and scores but those numbers were mostly built on scramble drills and backyard football type of plays. You can get away with that in college but you can't make a living playing like that in the NFL.
Yep, and this is what I said weeks ago when some (one person, really) here were saying just wait. He showed what his ceiling was in college. He wasn't going to somehow transform into this great NFL QB overnight once he hit the big stage.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm marking CeeDee Lamb down for only 50 yards today.

Today is Schultz's day to shine.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom