2020 Season | Conference Championships | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/24/2021

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Aside from that, though, it’s weird that Romo’s playoff offenses didn’t match up to their regular season success, scoring 20, 17, 3, 24 and 21. That’s not very good. Only one game above 30 points. However, his playoff passing efficiency was relatively solid even in those low point outputs.
Yeah those teams were rarely if ever ready for playoff intensity football. The Eagles win in ‘09 against a bad team and the Detroit game where Romo had to engineer a comeback at home.

The only defender who played like he gave a shit was Demarcus Lawrence, and then only on the last couple of plays.

The OL gave out completely in Minnesota in ‘09. Just gutless, but they were winning with the passing game setting up the run all season. When they got punched in the mouth in a loud stadium, they curled into a fetal position. Some normal DE gets four fucking sacks. I mean WTH.

Just not a physically or mentally tough team. The 2014 team that was Romo’s last gasp had some tough players, but the defense was band-aided together with reclamation projects like Melton and McClain and not really built to win.

We just can’t stop taking shortcuts like drafting injured players and signing reclamation projects. Once in a blue moon, like with Mark Colombo they would work— for like two years max, otherwise a big raspberry.

How about actually paying the price in draft capital and FA for some hard nosed physical DTs and LBs? Always going for the flashy positions like DE and CB and injured LBs to fill in the rest. Then grow a bunch of late rounders to play every other position.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Yeah those teams were rarely if ever ready for playoff intensity football. The Eagles win in ‘09 against a bad team and the Detroit game where Romo had to engineer a comeback at home.

The only defender who played like he gave a shit was Demarcus Lawrence, and then only on the last couple of plays.

The OL gave out completely in Minnesota in ‘09. Just gutless, but they were winning with the passing game setting up the run all season. When they got punched in the mouth in a loud stadium, they curled into a fetal position. Some normal DE gets four fucking sacks. I mean WTH.

Just not a physically or mentally tough team. The 2014 team that was Romo’s last gasp had some tough players, but the defense was band-aided together with reclamation projects like Melton and McClain and not really built to win.

We just can’t stop taking shortcuts like drafting injured players and signing reclamation projects. Once in a blue moon, like with Mark Colombo they would work— for like two years max, otherwise a big raspberry.

How about actually paying the price in draft capital and FA for some hard nosed physical DTs and LBs? Always going for the flashy positions like DE and CB and injured LBs to fill in the rest. Then grow a bunch of late rounders to play every other position.
I agree. I want a hard nosed fat fucker in the middle that will talk about screwing the centers mother between plays. This is the shit that has always worked and still does, yet we have been trying to buck that trend for a decae or more.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

You‘re right, the defense would have held. Like it did on the final drive.

Or maybe you want to tell me more about how Jim fucking Kelly is a better QB than Tom Brady.
Where did I say the defense would have held? It was just a lighthearted joke with roughneck about his statement of us never knowing. Jesus Christ. You seriously have some piss poor comprehension skills. Would you like me to call you stupid again? Or will you be telling us how you were soooo drunk again? Learn to hold your liquor, Jr.

And I never said Jim Kelly was a better overall QB than Tom Brady, you thick twat. I was naming guys who maybe (maybe is the operative word here) had better raw skills. And Kelly did have a better arm and was more mobile. That doesn't mean he was better overall. I have said many times that I think Tom Brady is one of the best ever. And it was just a subjective list of QBs, anyway. I certainly didn't give a GUARANTEE!!!1!

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Where did I say the defense would have held? It was just a lighthearted joke with roughneck about his statement of us never knowing. Jesus Christ. You seriously have some piss poor comprehension skills. Would you like me to call you stupid again? Or will you be telling us how you were soooo drunk again? Learn to hold your liquor, Jr.

And I never said Jim Kelly was a better overall QB than Tom Brady, you thick twat. I was naming guys who maybe (maybe is the operative word here) had better raw skills. And Kelly did have a better arm and was more mobile. That doesn't mean he was better overall. I have said many times that I think Tom Brady is one of the best ever. And it was just a subjective list of QBs, anyway. I certainly didn't give a GUARANTEE!!!1!
Jim Kelly WAS a damned good QB. I dont believe I ever saw the guy quit.

data

Forbes #1

Agreeing with you that we weren’t Doomsday, however, our defense fared alright overallgiving up 21 (Seattle), 21 (Giants), 14 (Eagles), 20 (Lions) and 26 (Packers). That Minnesota game (34 points) was a clusterfuck anyway with the offense only scoring 3.

Just frustrating why it never came together. Our defense didn’t completely falter yet our offense didn’t take over. We just sucked.

Fucking Garrett and Fat Wade

data

Forbes #1
Soda from back yonder - Tab and RC Cola. That shit was disgusting.

data

Forbes #1
I can’t stand orange soda as an adult but used to love me some Orange Slice as a kid. That shit was payday only.

Orange Fanta rest of the time.

also remember the rich kids getting Crayola crayons. The big box with the built-in sharpener. Fuck those kids. I always had the free restaurant ones or Roseart.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I can’t stand orange soda as an adult but used to love me some Orange Slice as a kid. That shit was payday only.

also remember the rich kids getting Crayola crayons. The big box with the built-in sharpener. Fuck those kids. I always had the free restaurant ones or Roseart.
Yeah I never got the 64 box for sure. The original 6 fo!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I always got the biggest box of Crayola for school because it made me feel cool...

data

Forbes #1
I always got the biggest box of Crayola for school because it made me feel cool...
You must’ve been so popular with the ladies. Coming over to borrow your crayons. They color so lightly and effortlessly as they spin the crayon in their hands to keep a sharp edge.

not mine. I had to drop kick the paper and choke it into accepting the color. My crayons had to be mashed into It and left a repulsive stain. My pictures always looked like the inside of a porta-potty, lumpy and didn’t mix.

Top Bottom