2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ravens/Steelers now moved back yet another day to Wednesday. Not sure yet how that will effect the Cowboys game that has already been moved to Monday.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I haven't kept up with it that much, but why don't the Ravens have to just play with backups? Is the league claiming they wouldn't have enough people to field a team? Or is it actually because Jackson is a league darling?

I mean, the league has to know they can't just keep moving these things back forever. What if the Cowboys now had some cases before Monday, what would they do?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So I haven't kept up with it that much, but why don't the Ravens have to just play with backups? Is the league claiming they wouldn't have enough people to field a team? Or is it actually because Jackson is a league darling?

I mean, the league has to know they can't just keep moving these things back forever. What if the Cowboys now had some cases before Monday, what would they do?
Well Half their team is on the Covid list. 22. Im sure some positions are bare.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I just wonder why they don't have to play with what they have. Is team strength and status a factor? IOW, if the Ravens and Broncos last week had been reversed, would the league have handled it the same way? I doubt it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

A lot of people seem to be wondering the same thing. It's one thing to move it from a short week to Sunday, but to move it two additional times to a Wednesday?

Kind of fishy when they on the other hand make Denver play without a QB.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A lot of people seem to be wondering the same thing. It's one thing to move it from a short week to Sunday, but to move it two additional times to a Wednesday?

Kind of fishy when they on the other hand make Denver play without a QB.
Right, so they wouldn't push it back for Denver...whose QBs were caught not wearing masks, possibly risking exposure.

But they will push it back for Baltimore, whose team now has 18+ who WERE exposed and DO have the virus.

At some point someone on the Ravens broke protocol, so the league should give them the same damn mandate. Find a way to play.

The Broncos should be livid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Broncos had to play with a PS receiver at QB. You can't get much more bare than that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
why did they move Skins-Steelers to Monday? neither team is fighting Covid right now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
why did they move Skins-Steelers to Monday? neither team is fighting Covid right now.
Because the Steelers would otherwise have like 3 days to prepare for that game since they thought it was a good idea to move Ravens-Steelers to Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom