2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Rivera will help the Redksins to have a formidable defense (front 7 at least for now), but their offense is still a real question mark. It's funny, if yo paired half of the Redskins with half of the Giants, you'd end up with one good team.
I think Haskins is a dumpster fire and their seconday still sucks. But yeah they should be more competitive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So why bother 'testing' at all?

Just be done with it and if it's not steroids or performance enhancers, nobody should care.
Totally agree. You're still going to test them for weed for what purpose? So their names can get leaked and a few old fogies will complain about how the NFL is full of potheads now? Don't test them, no one needs to know if a dude is smoking weed or not. It's a waste of everyone's time and attention.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'd say it looks like a Rams/Chargers mashup

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my opinion an excellent sign that this new CBA is getting approved on Saturday.
It will, it's too good for the majority of NFL players. The minority of elite players are the only ones complaining. Because it does little for them except make them play an extra game.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It will, it's too good for the majority of NFL players. The minority of elite players are the only ones complaining. Because it does little for them except make them play an extra game.
Another brilliant ploy by the owners.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, what's the followup to that proposed onside kick rule? If he team makes it either by yardage or penalty, do they keep the ball where the play ends and continue their possession? Or do they get it somewhere else? If they do not make it, does the team defending then get it where the play ends? If so, why wouldn't teams try the onside every time after they score? Most teams start at the 25 anyway, after the kick into the endzone.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So, what's the followup to that proposed onside kick rule? If he team makes it either by yardage or penalty, do they keep the ball where the play ends and continue their possession? Or do they get it somewhere else? If they do not make it, does the team defending then get it where the play ends? If so, why wouldn't teams try the onside every time after they score? Most teams start at the 25 anyway, after the kick into the endzone.
If I understand it right the other team would get the ball at your 25 if you failed

Cotton

Staff member
To me it would make most sense for the defending team to get the ball where the play ends if it’s not successful. Big time sack would make it a much bigger gamble by immediately putting the other team into immediate and short field goal range.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me it would make most sense for the defending team to get the ball where the play ends if it’s not successful. Big time sack would make it a much bigger gamble by immediately putting the other team into immediate and short field goal range.
That's why teams would only do it if the game is on the line.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ok found the details on the onside kick replacement-

The onside kick proposal is a modification of a rule the NFL used for the Pro Bowl in January.

Teams had the option of running one additional play from their own 25-yard line after scoring. If the team gained 15 or more yards on the play, it would retain possession. If it didn't pick up enough yardage, the opposing team would get possession from the dead-ball spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom