2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They could cut Crawford and sign Clowney today, assuming he'd take a 1/12 deal.

That's a no brainer.
Guess they don't think much of Clowney's skills or position flex relative to Crawford, or they're waiting for Dak's contract situation to settle and provide more cap space.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol The way he doesn't curse but just says "Oh, no..."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This is TP's year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, weren't there pictures a few years back of Beckham surrounded by coke?

Elliott is an idiot but unless he gets suspended I don't care. He doesn't have much time left in the league though, certainly not as a superstar, hopefully he realizes that and chills out his bullshit because as soon as his nonsense outweighs his on-field value, he's gone.

I'm guessing that point will come in about 3 years.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And Garrett refused to run him.
In fairness, the other three were the focus of the defense. You don't want Dak becoming that by design with so many defenders in a close space. If Dak sees an opening, great, but...

Dak is strong, but he's not the idiotic smash-mouth type goalline runner Cam Newton as been.

In Dak's case, defenders have been distracted by Zeke, Dez, Cooper, and others.

Part of the deception involved that helps make it so effective is that you have all these other weapons combined with a low frequency of using Dak. Bottom line, you run him more, the defense hits him more.

I don't want Dak getting a concussion over a couple of touchdowns that Zeke or Cooper could have just as easily gotten.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You are a secret optimist
Elliott is very durable and has shown basically no drop off whatsoever yet. His long speed isn't quite the same as when he was a rookie but he averaged 4.5 YPC, put up 1300+ rushing yards, 1700+ total yards and finished 4th in the league in rushing, all despite missing the entirety of training camp and the preseason. When Dez Bryant did that in 2015 he broke his foot in the first half of the first game and was never the same again.

He has no real injury history and the only games he's missed were due to suspension or rest. There is no logical reason to think he's going to drop off in the next year or two. He's this generation's LaDainian Tomlinson or Edgerrin James, both of whom dropped off from being elite backs right around the age of 28, in years 7/8.

He's 25 and going into his 5th year, he's good to go at least this year and next at ages 25 and 26, and then how he plays in 2022 to me is the real inflection point. If they cut him going into 2023 they'll save about $9 million in space, that of course will depend on how he's still playing and the overall cap situation.

I can't imagine that he'll still be on the roster in 2024 at age 29 unless he takes a massive pay cut, but I also can't imagine them cutting him after 2021 going into 2022 when he's 27 and likely coming off another 1200+ yard/10+ TD Pro Bowl performance. So the real question is what they decide to do with him going into 2023.

p1_

DCC 4Life
UNDISPUTED | Skip Bayless react to Jadeveon Clowney interested in signing with Cowboys

data

Forbes #1
Posting SAS or Skip videos here is unspoken no-no. Like bringing fruitcake to a BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom