2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
what do you/we do to stop it? I feel helpless against the mob, its so hard to get folks to stop screaming at each other and attempt to have constructive dialogue

plus no one really wants to critically think or listen
If you know of an effective way to stop it, I'll be right there with you.
It's all about who you vote for. I tell people all the time that are bitching about Trump and other shit. Vote those out you don't like. Also, you have to activate your cause. One thing the left is really good at it activating. The right is not. I don't know if we have just gotten lazy or what, but we have got to get more energized. We can't just vote anymore. March on buildings. We have to activate or we will lose this country. Take the game to them. They are certainly bringing it to us.

PS, I will not post anything else about politics in this thread.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It's all about who you vote for. I tell people all the time that are bitching about Trump and other shit. Vote those out you don't like. Also, you have to activate your cause. One thing the left is really good at it activating. The right is not. I don't know if we have just gotten lazy or what, but we have got to get more energized. We can't just vote anymore. March on buildings. We have to activate or we will lose this country. Take the game to them. They are certainly bringing it to us.

PS, I will not post anymore about politics in this thread.
I'm so disillusioned with both parties, there's no one that excites me except maybe eye patch guy (until the dems tell us he eats babies for breakfast or some such nonsense)

Plus I dont want more politics, I want less and far less gov but almost no one agrees with me, it feels like a completely hopeless and impossible endeavor that will do nothing but piss away whatever is left of my life

I feel like I'd have to quit my job just to attempt to wrap my brain around it all. I've dipped my toes in the process that involves the public and its absolute insanity. Every Tom, Dick and Karen shows up talking out of their ass, usually based on some ignorant emotional argument that is not grounded in any facts or reason other than how they "feel"

I was recently involved in a pubic discussion regarding an intersection that was going to be designed & rebuilt. We had several meetings over a 2 year period. Written notices were sent out to everyone within a specific radius as is required by the city and we were set to give final approval when a group of ladies who lived on one of the roads that met at this intersection & had just heard about it and decided TxDot and "Big business" was trying to sneak it past everyone without any public debate (wrong, we spent the last 2 years doing just that).

They rallied all the moms in the area and made it about women and children and their pets and said people like me and businesses on the road didn't care and were willing to sacrifice the lives of their families, children and pets just so we could get rich. Nevermind the fact we didn't instigate this, TxDot did and my property actually loses land in the process but because I I've in the area, I supported it because I thought it would be good to slow down traffic that got up to 60 MPH where people biked, walked and ran and none of us were compensated.

At one hearing a lady stood up and said some thing to the effect of "what they're not telling you (referring to me and my property) is that they (me) bought that property and pushed for this change so they (me) could charge the city millions to buy back the land needed to rebuild this intersection."

I own the property, I am not selling anything to the city and I dont benefit in any way from this construction other than whatever advantage their is to not having cars flying past my building at 60 MPH, so what she said was completely incorrect.

She wraps up her speech and walks past me and I realize I know her from the gym I used to go to, so I wave at her and follow her to the back of the room and start chatting her up.

I say: "can you believe those assholes who bought that property to extort the city out of $$?"

She says: "par for the course"

Me: "Do you know the owners & have you ever met them?"

her: "maybe a while back, I cant remember"

me: "You have met him and you're talking to him right now! Where did you come up with that nonsense?"

She laughs and slaps me on the arm and calls me an asshole (jokingly) and then contritely says sorry, thats what I heard

I'm like damn woman, that shits already out there and I have no way to counter the BS but like the saying goes, a lie gets half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even put on its pants.

Its just so exhausting dealing with these types and they've shown up to every public process I've been a part of. I like getting things done not dealing with this nonsense.

And dont get me started on the public officials. EVERY.FUCKING.MEETING I attended they spent the first 30 minutes glad handing each other and praising each other for attending like some kind of circe jerk. I wanted to scream STFU and lets get to work so we can get the hell out of here (the meetings were at night after you had worked all day)

I'm so discouraged by it all, I don't know what to do

Last edited:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Man, I feel a rage rising within me when I see people get sucker punched. Even when they're Eagles

Jesus.. these players are killing me. Fuck Gerald McCoy and Lawrence, How are you gonna call Jones out because he is staying out of this mess? Because if he does say something he would be wrong no matter what. I think he is doing the right thing by staying quite. Fuck the players, who are you to demand your boss to say something and blast him for not?

The Drew Brees thing still pisses me off. He has his own opinions and he stated it. Then instead of his teammates agreeing that he believes what he believes they get on social media saying he is wrong and needs to change his thinking and they are gonna talk to him and make him change his mind. I’m sorry, fuck them. Of course Brees changed his stance after his teammates pressured him. That’s uncalled for. If they want to kneel let them kneel I don’t even give a shit anymore. You can’t force someone to believe what you believe in.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Should be interesting to see the impact of roster turnover.
As well as the impact of McCarthy's reliance on analytics.

Has he goteen his 14-person analytics team in Dallas?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As well as the impact of McCarthy's reliance on analytics.

Has he goteen his 14-person analytics team in Dallas?
I don't know if they are physically in Dallas, but they are hired and he has been having multiple calls with them.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't know if they are physically in Dallas, but they are hired and he has been having multiple calls with them.
cool, I guess it's been reported already. Im very interested in this, partly because the red headed genius was so blase' and dismissive of the obvious value to be had in analytics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom