2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
as with Zeke, Jerry blinks
Time will tell if this is another case of the Joneses overvaluing their own. Overall his results have been good this year but I just need to see it vs good coordinators and defenses before I'm fully onboard the Kellen Moore train.

Last year he failed most of his major tests. And this year he's only been so-so in games against quality defenses (Washington x 2, Baltimore, Arizona, NYG, Pittsburgh, LAR).

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Wonder if McCarthy is a proponent of this, or had to be CeeDee #88’d into this with a Jerruh arm-around-shoulder pitch.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I've made this point a million times. When Moore was like the sole carryover from Red's staff, that was the time to start worrying.
But at least Moore doesn't have 15 years of sucking up to Jerry, and his deddy wasn't an employee. Dak likes him, yes, but there's nothing like being in that family portrait.

Still though, I kind of wish he'd left just to remove all doubt and purge any remaining Garrett stain.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Time will tell if this is another case of the Joneses overvaluing their own. Overall his results have been good this year but I just need to see it vs good coordinator's and defenses before I'm fully onboard the Kellen Moore train.

Last year he failed most of his major tests. And this year he's only been so-so in games against quality defenses (Washington x 2, Baltimore, Arizona, NYG, Pittsburgh, LAR).
I'd like to just see what he can do with a fully healthy offense. He has done well this year using scraps. I think he could have done so much better if he had all of the pieces.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd like to just see what he can do with a fully healthy offense. He has done well this year using scraps. I think he could have done so much better if he had all of the pieces.
It's only natural that he should improve with experience and better talent at his disposal. For me the big question will be can he get it done in big games versus stronger competition.

He'll have 3 full years of coaching (2 at OC) under his belt when the 2021 season rolls around. If his offense looks impotent in big games again like they did in 2019 vs the Saints, Patriots, and Eagles (December game) I'm off the bandwagon.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not really, Moores contract expired after this year. If we didn't extend him he could leave to any NFL team. This isn't Zeke at all, it's just common sense if you want the guy back for next year.
Just nod and smile.

• Props
Reactions: Rev

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not really, Moores contract expired after this year. If we didn't extend him he could leave to any NFL team. This isn't Zeke at all, it's just common sense if you want the guy back for next year.
He could've said "no" to either guy, right? Moore is not some boy genius who's indispensable, right? The Zeke surrender has proven to be a disaster; only time will tell if it's "Moore" of the same.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He could've said "no" to either guy, right? Moore is not some boy genius who's indispensable, right? The Zeke surrender has proven to be a disaster; only time will tell it's "Moore" of the same.
Jerry, in fact, thinks Moore is a boy genius

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He could've said "no" to either guy, right? Moore is not some boy genius who's indispensable, right? The Zeke surrender has proven to be a disaster; only time will tell if it's "Moore" of the same.
So you think we should have let Moore walk. Noted. But that still doesn't make it anything like Zeke. You just wanted a new offensive coordinator which I think is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom