2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
So, you decide to make some dumb whiny post about this after one of the best games Zeke has, and worst Pollard has then?

No, I'll stick with my first assessment, thanks.

at least when you are wrong, you stay consistent with it. Good for you , way to double down on being wrong than adding to it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Honestly, the truth is Pollard isn't that good. He's a solid 3rd down / change of pace type, but he's not a between the tackles guy and therefore limited in how you can use him. I know we've all been frustrated with Zeke's performances much of the season but Pollard isn't the answer on a full time basis.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, the truth is Pollard isn't that good. He's a solid 3rd down / change of pace type, but he's not a between the tackles guy and therefore limited in how you can use him. I know we've all been frustrated with Zeke's performances much of the season but Pollard isn't the answer on a full time basis.
Nope but the answer seems pretty simple to me. Use both guys a good amount and get the O-line healthy. Zeke looks better when he is rested. So keep him rested. And Pollard can do some really explosive stuff with the ball in his hands but he isn't going to get you consistently 3 yards on every carry because he doesn't run people over. The solution seems really simple in this situation.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Andy Dalton has quietly been extremely serviceable as a backup. He's 4-4 with a 90.7 QB rating, 14 TDs to 7 INTs.

His athleticism and mobility look like he's at the end of the line as a starter, I wouldn't mind being able to get him to return as a backup again.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Andy Dalton has quietly been extremely serviceable as a backup. He's 4-4 with a 90.7 QB rating, 14 TDs to 7 INTs.

His athleticism and mobility look like he's at the end of the line as a starter, I wouldn't mind being able to get him to return as a backup again.
yesterday wasnt very quiet, although the gameplan dictated we rape Michael Jacquet

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dalton isn't a starter at this point and the only teams who would sign him to be a stopgap starter would be shit box teams like the Jets or Broncos. And even then it'd always be a matter of time until he's replaced since they'd always be looking for the long-term answer.

I mean, if someone offers him 15-20/year you can't really turn that down, but if I were him I'd rather take a 3/12 type of deal in Dallas than a 2/20 deal some place where I'm likely going to get smashed for a year then replaced and be back on the market.

In Dallas he's at home, would be getting paid without even having to play most likely, and if he does have to play it's presumably with a very talented roster around him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In Dallas he's at home, would be getting paid without even having to play most likely, and if he does have to play it's presumably with a very talented roster around him.
and a qb friendly offense he's proven he can win with.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
yesterday wasnt very quiet, although the gameplan dictated we rape Michael Jacquet
I was pretty impressed with the killer instinct.

It seemed to be the first time in recent memory where we identified a weak link and persistently attacked that player.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That last line scares the suit out of me.
You know I kind of agree with you but then I think about Payton and Belichek who are two of the best coaches they are but are not physically imposing at all. Bellichek is an autistic little fucker. So I'm not going to rule Moore out as a future HC. He's certainly not ready yet but perhaps in the future. For now, I'd be happy to have him stay in Dallas if we can swing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom