2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If a team gets the #1 pick but doesn't need a QB, it'll be interesting to see what they net in a trade. Three #1s and three #2s?
Yea although I can't see a team who doesn't need a QB getting the 1st pick. The Jets are almost guaranteed to get it with their schedule (KC, NE, LAC, MIA, LV, SEA, LAR, CLE, NE) and the only way I could see any sort of trade happening is if Lawrence refuses to play for the Jets.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yea although I can't see a team who doesn't need a QB getting the 1st pick. The Jets are almost guaranteed to get it with their schedule (KC, NE, LAC, MIA, LV, SEA, LAR, CLE, NE) and the only way I could see any sort of trade happening is if Lawrence refuses to play for the Jets.
True, but Houston is wretched and they have Watson in house. Of course, the Fins have their pick and are seemingly committed to Tua, so they might be open to a trade.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Gonna be sweet when we get the 2nd pick and Lawrence gets wanderlust thinking about bringing the Cowboys back to glory and refuses to play for anybody but us.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
True, but Houston is wretched and they have Watson in house. Of course, the Fins have their pick and are seemingly committed to Tua, so they might be open to a trade.
They're a lot better than the Jets and already have a win, they damn near beat the Titans on the road if not for some crazy shit at the end. They have the Jags, Lions and Bengals still on their schedule, they should definitely get to 2-3 wins, whereas the Jets have literally a 0% chance of getting to 3 wins and maybe a 25% chance to get to 2.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Gonna be sweet when we get the 2nd pick and Lawrence gets wanderlust thinking about bringing the Cowboys back to glory and refuses to play for anybody but us.
That almost got us Elway. The Colts accepted a lesser offer from Denver. :mad:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
You should never refuse to listen to a Herschel Walker trade scenario. Normal trades, like the Browns wanting Gallup for a 3rd, can take a hike but if someone were to offer us significant compensation for a player that we aren't built around then you have to at least listen.
Ok, I'll ask this in 2 parts...

1. What trades (before or since) have come close to the Herschel Walker trade?
2. Of the ones that have (if any), how many have come close to matching the success that followed? (Ex: How much closer to a SB are the Raiders as a result of the Mack trade?)

I guess there's this too...

What assets do we have that would fetch that level of compensation?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

2. Of the ones that have (if any), how many have come close to matching the success that followed? (Ex: How much closer to a SB are the Raiders as a result of the Mack trade?)

Saints for Ricky Williams. Failed trade.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

1. None. Except Williams, and that was an anomaly.
2. None again
3. Maybe Dak but I doubt it.

The point was he said we wouldn't be making a Herschel Walker type trade. That's dumb. If someone offered us 3 first, 3 second, 2 thirds, a sixth and four players for Dak, 2 thirds and a 5th, you'd have to consider it.

Interesting point. That trade has its own wikipedia page.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The point was he said we wouldn't be making a Herschel Walker type trade. That's dumb. If someone offered us 3 first, 3 second, 2 thirds, a sixth and four players for Dak, 2 thirds and a 5th, you'd have to consider it.

The Great Train Robbery

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
1. None. Except Williams, and that was an anomaly.
2. None again
3. Maybe Dak but I doubt it.

And if he didnt then he should be put ina mental ward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why even do this shit? Just to try to show you're doing something? GTFOH
Yeah I don't really get it. The guy is an unrestricted free agent after this year right? I might understand adding a big DT if it's a long term move. But why add the guy for basically one lost season? I mean he is supposedly a 325 pound DT, so I'm cool with adding the guy. But why pay something for a guy who can walk after this trash season? Just don't like seventh round picks I guess?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I don't really get it. The guy is an unrestricted free agent after this year right? I might understand adding a big DT if it's a long term move. By why add the guy for basically one lost season? I mean he is supposedly a 325 pound DT, so I'm cool with adding the guy. But why pay something for a guy who can walk after this trash season?
Or why not poach a practice squad guy?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Trading for someone they claimed off of a practice squad 11 days ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom