2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It would be premature to write Hill off, I just haven’t noticed either of them. I mean, Crawford made more of an impact early on in his career.

We have blah at 3T. That problem is made worse by Lawrence’s disappearance and Griffen’s age. Smith came out of nowhere and he’s our best lineman.

This just fucking sucks. Maybe 2021 is the year they finally draft the DL anchor we’ve been looking for.

When Madubuike makes his debut in Baltimore I’m not going to be happy watching him make an impact.
I would say Hill has outplayed Poe thus far

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you like people talking shit about the job you do on Twitter?
If I were a public figure, I wouldn't have a choice. Plus, Cavanaugh wasn't talking shit. He was just giving an analysis of his play, which has been bad so far.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If I were a public figure, I wouldn't have a choice. Plus, Cavanaugh wasn't talking shit. He was just giving an analysis of his play, which has been bad so far.
I suppose you're right, but I can see Griffen's stance...especially when he's the FNG and you have a $100million man on the other end who's getting a pass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And even then, it wasn't all that harsh at all.

He simply said the guy hasn't played well yet.

And when asked to elaborate, he just said the guy looked stronger at the point of attack and more violent.

Griffen acted like he said that he was awful and the Cowboys made a mistake in signing him or something.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And even then, it wasn't all that harsh at all.

He simply said the guy hasn't played well yet.

And when asked to elaborate, he just said the guy looked stronger at the point of attack and more violent.

Griffen acted like he said that he was awful and the Cowboys made a mistake in signing him or something.
He said that he hasn't been good for the Cowboys at all.

Maybe you guys have no pride in your work, but someone who does is going to take offense to that shit.

Is that not ok?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Maybe you guys have no pride in your work, but someone who does is going to take offense to that shit.

Is that not ok?
Yeah, but he did add yet. Not good at all yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Is that not ok?
I can see it bothering him a bit, but I thought the reaction was way over the top.

If he had said the guy was awful, shouldn't have been signed, or was finished, then I'd get it.

Hopefully it motivates him in some way to step it up a bit, but I don't blame that all on him just like I don't blame all of of our pass rush woes on the players. Nolan needs to find a happy middle ground for now and help his players out.

I'm all for fresh D-lineman like we had back on the old 90's teams, but you knew our 4 best guys were Haley, Maryland, Jones, and Tolbert. Those 4 guys got most of the snaps and they were all asked to do what they did best.

What I've seen over the past 2 weeks is guys coming off damn near after one snap and then coming back in to play in a different spot than they played in the last time they were in.

They need some consistency so if it were me, my 4 guys are Lawrence, Hill, Poe, and Smith. And when Griffen does come in, he and Lawrence both need to be rushing off the edge from a 3 point stance.

Once these guys get a groove going, then maybe Nolan can start adding some more wrinkles. But for now, let's just keep it simple and allow these guys to develop some consistency and chemistry.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Griffen also evaluated himself in a later tweet that said basically the same thing. Its just a case of emotions getting ahead of the situation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, the coaches claimed all offseason that the scheme would adjust to the players, not the other way around.

Here's your chance to prove it, assholes.
I'm just glad our defensive coordinator appears capable of seeing something not working and making a change.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He just has zero ability to change direction with any sort of agility. He is strictly a straight line runner, and that is it.
This was the play he basically went in blind. I don't even think he knew where the play was going until the RB ran past him.

He made a good play soon after, but WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom