2020 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread since last night, so someone may have already brought this up, but is this our best draft since 2005?

I would probably say yes.

What a fantastic draft we put together. Goes to show how much better McClay can be when he can run his ideas by and collaborate with people who actually know and understand the game.

It would be awesome if this were the start of something and we could end up being one of those teams that always seems to have good drafts, like the Ravens, for example.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread since last night, so someone may have already brought this up, but is this our best draft since 2005?

I would probably say yes.

What a fantastic draft we put together. Goes to show how much better McClay can be when he can run his ideas by and collaborate with people who actually know and understand the game.

It would be awesome if this were the start of something and we could end up being one of those teams that always seems to have good drafts, like the Ravens, for example.
Definitely yes.

p1_

DCC 4Life
wouldnt it, though?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kiper only gave us a B+, he is a schmuck. But NFL.com literally gave us an A for every day of the draft and an A overall. They loved it.

data

Forbes #1
What do you guys think of the little value game the 49ers played with Kinlaw #14 instead of Jeudy/Lamb and then getting Aiyuk later at #26?

With WR being a bigger need than DL, looks like the 49ers played the supply-demand game and we’re okay getting a Tier 2 WR in a deep WR draft.

Too cute?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dallas Cowboys 2020 draft picks tracker
ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
117WR CeeDee Lamb, OklahomaB+
251CB Trevon Diggs, AlabamaB+
382DL Neville Gallimore, OklahomaA
4123CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa C+
4146*C Tyler Biadasz, WisconsinA
5179^DE Bradlee Anae, UtahA
7231QB Ben DiNucci, James Madison C-

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I guess the tweet got deleted. What was it?
I can't remember what it said exactly, but something along the lines of TONY ROMO IS AWFUL! He would have been around 16-17 when it was posted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you guys think of the little value game the 49ers played with Kinlaw #14 instead of Jeudy/Lamb and then getting Aiyuk later at #26?

With WR being a bigger need than DL, looks like the 49ers played the supply-demand game and we’re okay getting a Tier 2 WR in a deep WR draft.

Too cute?
For the 49ers it makes sense. I don't think Jimmy G is a QB who will light it up with great WRs. I think he does well with a schemed up offense where Aiyuk will do well. They needed to replace a tall stud 3-4 DE that they couldn't afford and they replaced him with another tall stud 3-4 DE. I think they made the right choice. Their defense works because of that elite pass rush.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas Cowboys 2020 draft picks tracker
ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
117WR CeeDee Lamb, OklahomaB+
251CB Trevon Diggs, AlabamaB+
382DL Neville Gallimore, OklahomaA
4123CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa C+
4146*C Tyler Biadasz, WisconsinA
5179^DE Bradlee Anae, UtahA
7231QB Ben DiNucci, James Madison C-
No idea how Lamb is a B+. I'd love to know who would have been an A pick for us? Same with Diggs in the second.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The QB?? He most likely won't even make the team.
Don't count him out. He has some tools to work with. And his competition is... Cooper Rush.

But yeah, he has a long road ahead of him. I'll bet he is a PS guy.

Top Bottom