2020 Cowboys Roster Cuts

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
ouch. Unless Wilson & McGovern turn into something that’s a creamy turd of draft.
I think McGovern is a good player. He's just going to have to sort of wait for an opportunity. I don't think this training camp was very conducive to real competition on the O-line. Practices are pretty limited in what you can do and since he sat out all of last year he was kind of starting from square one. Hopefully he can take on a bit of a utility role this year and work his way up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think McGovern is a good player. He's just going to have to sort of wait for an opportunity. I don't think this training camp was very conducive to real competition on the O-line. Practices are pretty limited in what you can do and since he sat out all of last year he was kind of starting from square one. Hopefully he can take on a bit of a utility role this year and work his way up.
Not sure about him. I mean Williams coming off injury had no problem holding him off.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I kind of like Joe Jackson but we have a glut of DE's so it's kind of hard to keep everyone. Wouldn't mind seeing him stashed on the practice squad though.
We have a glut there but he had his chances. Looks like he couldn't beat out Anae, who is a more promising player.

The issue with the glut that we have is that our DL is a little old. Anae might be the only promising young DL we have.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a glut there but he had his chances. Looks like he couldn't beat out Anae, who is a more promising player.

The issue with the glut that we have is that our DL is a little old. Anae might be the only promising young DL we have.
Young DE I agree. We have a pretty promising DT as well in Gallimore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I think it says more positive stuff about Anae than negative about Jackson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure about him. I mean Williams coming off injury had no problem holding him off.
Given the way this offseason has been I question a little if it was really an open competition. Or if Looney and Williams were sort of handed the keys due to the limitations of a short camp with no preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I think it came down to Dorance Armstrong or Jackson for the most part. You can only keep so many DE's and the top 4 in my opinion are pretty well locked in with Anae in my opinion being number 4.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jackson was a big bag of nothing honestly.

It is not like he flashed potential all that much.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Odd, will be surprised who makes it over him. I thought they basically told him he made it?
I guess not.

Right now they have five linebackers. Only four if you don't count Gifford who is hurt.

Top Bottom