2019 Training Camp Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

There was some talk about teams doing this before he tore up his knee in college.

Perhaps now he is healthy enough to start looking at that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He blitzed often in college, he had 4.5 sacks his last 2 seasons at Notre Dame after all. The idea that he's any kind of edge-rusher is ridiculous, but he can definitely make an impact if used as a blitzer from disguised angles/alignments.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He blitzed often in college, he had 4.5 sacks his last 2 seasons at Notre Dame after all. The idea that he's any kind of edge-rusher is ridiculous, but he can definitely make an impact if used as a blitzer from disguised angles/alignments.
Urlacher was used similarly. Some years, nothing. Other years 4-6 sacks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Dallas Cowboys Passing Game Report Two Days In To Training Camp[/h]

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Hangin' With Boys: What's New With Blake Jarwin?[/h]

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe it will help our defenders to actually practice against it so they can actually create turnovers.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the little bits I've seen of Pollard.... he looks.... quick. And shifty.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, the little bits I've seen of Pollard.... he looks.... quick. And shifty.
This is why I hope they utilize him in the passing game. Get him in space and watch him work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is why I hope they utilize him in the passing game. Get him in space and watch him work.
Yeah.... though also, like the article excerpt I just posted.... really, Zeke should be getting more regular work in the passing game, and they should have another runner taking some of the load off him with all the regular, ordinary between the tackle carries.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah.... though also, like the article excerpt I just posted.... really, Zeke should be getting more regular work in the passing game, and they should have another runner taking some of the load off him with all the regular, ordinary between the tackle carries.
And, I agree with that, too. That's why I would like to see a lot of 2 back looks with multiple plays for each set. Give the defense as much as you possibly can to think about when they see Zeke and Pollard on the field at the same time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you have to stay unpredictable. If one back catches the ball and one runs it that becomes predictable. It's why having a do it all back like Zeke is so useful.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Talkin’ Cowboys: It’s Pads Time[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom