2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Winning a Super Bowl is such a difficult feat I think any QB that wins two should be automatically in the HOF.

Jerry Jones is in the Hall of Fame. Overall we’re talking about a pretty low bar here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Winning a Super Bowl is such a difficult feat I think any QB that wins two should be automatically in the HOF.

Jerry Jones is in the Hall of Fame. Overall we’re talking about a pretty low bar here.
The Super Bowl or any championship for that matter is a team effort. Awarding a HOF entrance for the QB only isn’t warranted IMO. It is ignoring all the efforts that allows a QB to be successful.

Jones entrance was merited based on the innovations he introduced to the League. All the owners and the players were helped by the additional incomes that are now taken for granted because of his efforts.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I hope he delegates the tackling drills to someone else

Cotton

Staff member

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I don't think much of him either.

He doesn't belong anywhere near the HOF, but because of
2 SB wins, both of which he was a crucial part of
, you cannot leave him out of the ROH.
The catches were more impressive than the throws. Also, if it weren't for the Giants' defense, they would've lost both. Hell, if it weren't for their defense, the Cowboys probably woulda gone to the SB in 07.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is what Brett Favre would have done if he had a Twitter account back in the day.

Cotton

Staff member

This is what Brett Favre would have done if he had a Twitter account back in the day.
My hatred for this man is getting awfully close to my hatred of Favre, and man oh man, is that saying something.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The only thing that bothers me about the Brady tweet is the timing of it.

Dude, it's Super Bowl week. Be a professional and allow the Kansas City and San Francisco coaches and players to have their moment in the spotlight. For most of those guys this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sending this out now just screams "LOOK AT ME!". And I've never viewed Tom Brady as that type of guy, so it's a bit surprising.

He should have saved the attention whoring for next week. Would have had the same impact. Plus there are no 2020 league year clocks that started this week, so again, why rush to throw something like this out there when we're still almost 2 months away from the FA signing period.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I've never hated Brady, but I really want him to go somewhere else and fail while Belichick wins with some guy off the scrap heap.

Cotton

Staff member
The only thing that bothers me about the Brady tweet is the timing of it.

Dude, it's Super Bowl week. Be a professional and allow the Kansas City and San Francisco coaches and players to have their moment in the spotlight. For most of those guys this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sending this out now just screams "LOOK AT ME!". And I've never viewed Tom Brady as that type of guy, so it's a bit surprising.

He should have saved the attention whoring for next week. Would have had the same impact. Plus there are no 2020 league year clocks that started this week, so again, why rush to throw something like this out there when we're still almost 2 months away from the FA signing period.
I see Brady differently. He has always seemed like a massive douchenozzle to me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Lots of NFL news being spit out at the moment. They've announced some end of season awards as well as some hall of fame inductees.

Hall of Fame Inductees:
Troy Polamalu
Steve Atwater
Edgerrin James
Isaac Bruce
Steve Hutchinson

DPOY: Stephon Gilmore
DROY: Joey Bosa
Rookie of the Year / OROY: Kyler Murray

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lots of NFL news being spit out at the moment. They've announced some end of season awards as well as some hall of fame inductees.

Hall of Fame Inductees:
Troy Polamalu
Steve Atwater
Edgerrin James
Isaac Bruce
Steve Hutchinson

DPOY: Stephon Gilmore
DROY: Joey Bosa
Rookie of the Year / OROY: Kyler Murray
Atwater but still no Woodson.

Status
Not open for further replies.