2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotta make a real move to legitimately anchor the DT spot. Yes, it's a pass oriented league. But I'm fed up watching teams run the ball straight down our freakin' throat.
Not just an anchor but a dude with long arms who can make plays. David Irving was perfect in the middle. That damn fucktard

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Funny how he gets paid his $50M and now he looks like a shell of his former self.
Running backs are rarely worth a second contract. I would never again spend a 1st round pick on one.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Running backs are rarely worth a second contract. I would never again spend a 1st round pick on one.
Yep, and people kept hollering "Pay the man! He IS our offense!". And to that point in time I think he was. But if you pay attention, you could see that he was already losing a step. Now it's obvious he's nothing like his first two seasons.
He's locked into a five year deal now. Good times...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, and people kept hollering "Pay the man! He IS our offense!". And to that point in time I think he was. But if you pay attention, you could see that he was already losing a step. Now it's obvious he's nothing like his first two seasons.
Now it almost feels like at times our running game is holding the passing game back. We have no idea how to go pass heavy unless we trail by multiple scores. Even though in games where the run game struggles the passing game still appears to be doing very well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was only 2 or 3 seasons ago that most were saying running backs are a dime a dozen then in the off season some of the same were howling for Jones to pay the man. He will have to do a big turn around to convince me he should have been given any consideration to justify jumping his contract and holding out. Right now he looks out of shape and a bit sluggish.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I don't think that's very smart. Even if you're not interested at all, send some lackey to at least make an appearance. A no show invites the accusations of racism and collusion, just because of who it is. Any other skipped workout? pfffft. No big deal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I don't think that's very smart. Even if you're not interested at all, send some lackey to at least make an appearance. A no show invites the accusations of racism and collusion, just because of who it is. Any other skipped workout? pfffft. No big deal.
That would be the easiest way to deal with this but I'd bet Jerry's lawyers could just bring previous workouts of other qbs they'd passed on, black and white, to get away with skipping this sideshow

Who gives a fuck. I would look at it as it’s my team and I’ll do what the fuck I want. Jerry should too. Kaperstupid can take that racist shit and stick it up his ass. Jerry hired black players to play for the Cowboys, therefor the racist crap is null and void!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked Josh Jones in the draft, but you really have to wonder... Is this staff really that scared of giving a rookie, Donovan Wilson, playing time? Or is he really just not ready for the mental aspect of the game? I realize preseason is a vanilla version of the NFL, but he looked like he sure had the physical aspect of it down then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liked Josh Jones in the draft, but you really have to wonder... Is this staff really that scared of giving a rookie, Donovan Wilson, playing time? Or is he really just not ready for the mental aspect of the game? I realize preseason is a vanilla version of the NFL, but he looked like he sure had the physical aspect of it down then.
I'm still a bit surprised we didn't bring Connor McGovern back. You just lost 2 interior lineman to injury. The third round pick would have made perfect sense and suposedly is healthy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm still a bit surprised we didn't bring Connor McGovern back. You just lost 2 interior lineman to injury. The third round pick would have made perfect sense and suposedly is healthy.
I wonder if its because he re-injured his pec after the first time he did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom