2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
could've signed a superior player in Earl Thomas and kept all of the players and picks cited above

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
what are these guys doing for the Cowboys? Taco is inactive and in the doghouse. They for some reason dont like Jourdan. Might as well get somebody that will help your team.

Dont get caught up in what they were. Look at what they are and being used. Everywhere that I have read Fitzpatrick is raved about. I dont get the downside here.

I dont think it will happen because its just the rumor mill and everybody loves to throw the cowboys in the hat.
Yep, I am down if that's the terms. Charlton and Lewis are not being used at all. Might as well get something for them. And, getting one of the better and most versatile DBs in the league is worth a 3rd and essentially change.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So look at it as giving up a third for Minkah. Those others are just fillers that arent going to play for you or in Lewis case play much.
Lewis plays and he will play a lot more next year. So I don't just view him as a throw in as you do.

I guess Minkah for Taco and a third wouldn't bother me so much. Mostly because I think Minkah is worth about a third rounder.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lewis plays and he will play a lot more next year. So I don't just view him as a throw in as you do.

I guess Minkah for Taco and a third wouldn't bother me so much. Mostly because I think Minkah is worth about a third rounder.
and you are getting a better player than Lewis to play.

and Lewis only plays as much as he does because Byron is on a snap count.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wouldn't trade a second for the guy. Just hasn't shown me enough to justify it.
You can at least still buy into the whole "potential" angle with him. Plus he's only 17 games into his pro career and he's already equaled Byron Jones career INT totals....so there's that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. He'd instantly be the long term replacement for Byron Jones.
But...he has shorter arms than you would want and he does not have the "length" that Richard demands.

We may get Marinelli out the door soon, but we got another guy who is stubborn and sticks to whatever rigid prototypes he believes works eternally.

To me, this is no brainer trade option for a team in Dallas' position. Hell any of the 32 teams could use him, he is a good player with very little mental baggage.

You have two of your top three CBs coming due for contracts. You have a player who could at the very least be a solid option as a slot corner right now and otherwise down the line.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Is he any good? Was he the only decent player in that secondary that got scrafed by the Ravens?
He was a great player at Alabama and had a quality rookie season. I didn't watch any of their game last week but supposedly he lined up at 4 or 5 different positions and he has complained to coaching that they move him around too much (incl SS, where he says he definitely doesn't belong)

That said, I read in one of the trade news articles that he gave up two tds last week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Fitzpatrick may have been a first round pick but he hasn't played like it in the NFL. This isn't Darwin James. So I can't fathom how his value hasn't gone down from the first round value he was drafted at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom