2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

mcnuttz

Super Duper Moderator
Staff member
You're so f'ing driven it sends chills up my spine...makes the hairs on my neck stand up...gives me f'ing wood that can't be suppressed within the recommended 4 hour window. F! It's a beautiful thing, guys!

Cowboysrock55

Yeah I would start it right away in OTAs. Let the poor guy have a chance to get used to the position so we can decide if he is a legit starter there. Hell let him compete with Collins. He has an injury history and hasn't exactly been a stud.

Simpleton

Yeah I would start it right away in OTAs. Let the poor guy have a chance to get used to the position so we can decide if he is a legit starter there. Hell let him compete with Collins. He has an injury history and hasn't exactly been a stud.
Collins is going to miss pretty much everything until training camp so it's a perfect chance to get a look at Williams at RT. And yea, if Williams looks good at RT and McGovern looks ready to start at LG I'd make Collins earn his starting spot.

deadrise

Jerry, that kind of nonsense is why you bite as a GM. And why it's been 26 years since your teams have won anything. They bite, because you bite.

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Makes one wonder about the health of Tyron and Frederick.

p1_

Makes one wonder about the health of Tyron and Frederick.
this is a good problem to have, this depth.

Iamtdg

Staff member

p1_

you gotta wonder how long he can stay so hot with the talent evals. Its ridiculously better than before he got here. Even insane Jerry would probably admit that much.

Cowboysrock55

you gotta wonder how long he can stay so hot with the talent evals. Its ridiculously better than before he got here. Even insane Jerry would probably admit that much.
Yeah he really has done an excellent job in the draft. Some luck is obviously involved but part of it is just having a really good strategy to what you do and evaluating players really well. I think he does those two things pretty damn well. No GM hits on every pick but he has hit on more than most. And honestly with less draft capital than a lot of teams. Dallas does not do a good job of adding draft picks. The best we can hope for is a comp pick or two.

Simpleton

Interesting, I thought Frederick would be 240 and struggling to bench 185 by how some people here talk.

Cowboysrock55

Interesting, I thought Frederick would be 240 and struggling to bench 185 by how some people here talk.
Yeah he is going to participate in OTAs and everything this offseason. So I'm not sure where all the concerns of PUP come from.

DLK150

I'm still a little skeptical but maybe Moore is some kind of boy wonder OC. I sure hope so, it would be refreshing.

Iamtdg

Staff member

Simpleton

I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago. Prescott deserves to be paid along with those guys. More convincingly, if you adjust the deal Newton got in 2015 for the inflation in the cap you'd have a deal averaging just over 27 a year. He shouldn't be getting 30, and I'd rather wait it out a bit longer until maybe October or so to see how he looks over the first half of the season, but the going rate is going to be 28-29 a year and you either pay it or you don't.

boozeman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago.
It is pretty much inevitable. Not concerned about it mainly because it is going to happen; no need to bitch about it.

Cowboysrock55

Amari Cooper is a big deal but I guess we could franchise tag him if needed.

Simpleton

Being able to franchise Amari is probably the number one reason to get Dak done sooner rather than later. Aside from that I'd be perfectly fine waiting Dak out as well.

Top Bottom