2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he was also 3rd in most tackles of all players.
He had the most missed tackles though and it wasn't even close. You think that makes him one of the surest tacklers on the team?

And he should have the third most tackles on the team. He was our starting SS. Behind our two LBers who had more tackles the SS is going to have the most opportunities.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
But he was also 3rd in most tackles of all players.
Safeties can't miss tackles. I can forgive him for missing a few on Barkley - cause everyone does - but far too many were just not taking WRs down.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He had the most missed tackles though and it wasn't even close. You think that makes him one of the surest tacklers on the team?

And he should have the third most tackles on the team. He was our starting SS. Behind our two LBers who had more tackles the SS is going to have the most opportunities.
Yeah...not sure how anyone could watch a few Cowboys games and not see that Heath is good for 2-3 missed tackles, bad angles, or just plain out whiffs when he's on the field. He's serviceable but serviceable guys don't get you to a Superbowl.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Jeff Heath led the #DallasCowboys in missed tackles this season with 21, per PFF (1.16 per game). 2nd most on the team was 15.
He's decent diagnosing plays and quick to the ball but he takes awful angles a lot of the time. Sometimes that's the difference between a solid hit and a whoopsie.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Looked like Any Isabella had himself a pretty nice Senior Bowl. Seven catches for 74 yards and a touchdown. He was amazing on a few screens,

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looked like Any Isabella had himself a pretty nice Senior Bowl. Seven catches for 74 yards and a touchdown. He was amazing on a few screens,
Yeah once the ball is in the guys hands he is a pain in the ass to bring down. He has excellent balance and a low center of gravity. He is a real pain in the ass to get to the ground and very elusive with the ball in his hands. He could be an excellent slot receiver. I'd be thrilled to welcome him to Dallas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Any of the Isabellas or just one?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The tackles he misses are the ones he was slow to recognize the route.
Recognition has always-been his weak point. He plays in open areas and this catches up to him at times because he doesn’t recover fast enough. If he gets his hands on a player he will generally bring them down. The more than generous coverage alignments that Dallas uses isn’t going to be a strong suit for him but if the coverage is set up for a tight assignment he is usually okay.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And even with his weaknesses he still is a keeper in my view because of his speed and the way he tackles. I think his ability to recognize can be improved in time just like any other team members vulnerabilities.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And even with his weaknesses he still is a keeper in my view because of his speed and the way he tackles. I think his ability to recognize can be improved in time just like any other team members vulnerabilities.
As a backup, sure. But, how much time are we going to give him? It's been 6 years already. If he doesn't have it by now, he ain't getting it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As a backup, sure. But, how much time are we going to give him? It's been 6 years already. If he doesn't have it by now, he ain't getting it.
Until you can find someone who can do better I guess.. If he isn't getting the job done (IYO) find a replacement. I haven't heard any grumbling from the organization that they aren't satisfied with the job he is doing.

Rev

Staff member
Don't die on the Jeff Heath hill. At least pick someone more talented.

He is a backup on most other teams and should be here as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't die on the Jeff Heath hill. At least pick someone more talented.

He is a backup on most other teams and should be here as well.
Well he isn’t so am I to take your word that he shouldn’t be a starter over the organizations determinationd?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Heath had a down year. He didn’t make very many splash plays at all. I was livid watching him stand flat footed as Jared Goff ran to convert a 3rd and 7 to put the game on ice . How the hell do you do that? He could have and should have made that play.

Rev

Staff member
Well he isn’t so am I to take your word that he shouldn’t be a starter over the organizations determinationd?
I guess we bring back Quincy since he was a starter, too. Just because this team stays with their players too long doesnt mean its the right way.

Top Bottom