2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The bowls are just flat out antiquated. I'm kind of half interested in the major ones, but I couldn't give an ounce of a shit about the Redbox bowl or whatever.
Until the bowls mean something, fuck em.

I'm in favor of a playoff that includes every Division I conference winners and however many wildcard teams it takes to reach 16.

Let the bowls be part of the playoff and fuck any teams who aren't good enough to make it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
@dbair1967 ..... thoughts on Kirby?

Rough off season for you all. How you guys sign 17 five stars each off season just to go 10-2?
There are bigtime discipline issues in Athens.

If Kirby doesn't do something quick he needs to GTFO.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Until the bowls mean something, fuck em.

I'm in favor of a playoff that includes every Division I conference winners and however many wildcard teams it takes to reach 16.

Let the bowls be part of the playoff and fuck any teams who aren't good enough to make it.
no brainer, cant believe its taking so long to get to 4 teams. bowls SUCK!

Cujo

DCC 4Life
no brainer, cant believe its taking so long to get to 4 teams. bowls SUCK!
16 seems like too many. That would be 4 extra games for the teams that play on the championship. Plus, the first round would be matchups like Ohio State and Florida Atlantic.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
16 seems like too many. That would be 4 extra games for the teams that play on the championship. Plus, the first round would be matchups like Ohio State and Florida Atlantic.
You could reduce the regular season by 2 games, that would be overall better for the "student athletes" at the majority of schools anyway. They could actually go to class once in a while, maybe take some non-basket-weaving classes.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cut out a couple games during the season.

December begins bowl fest.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The final 4 conferences from the year prior get an extra playoff team this year

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
it wouldn't bother me, the #1 seeds in basketball get to play the "Florida Atlantics" of the world and the "Florida Atlantics" are thrilled to be there

I get that football is more violent than basketball and injuries are a legit concern but from a selfish standpoint a deep college playoff would be infinitely more fun

Then again, the 4th rank team got blown out so maybe it would just devolve into bloodbaths until it reached the final 4

I'd still like to see it

Cujo

DCC 4Life
it wouldn't bother me, the #1 seeds in basketball get to play the "Florida Atlantics" of the world and the "Florida Atlantics" are thrilled to be there

I get that football is more violent than basketball and injuries are a legit concern but from a selfish standpoint a deep college playoff would be infinitely more fun

Then again, the 4th rank team got blown out so maybe it would just devolve into bloodbaths until it reached the final 4

I'd still like to see it

There is a much greater chance of upsets in basketball. There's no way Sam Houston could have ever beat Duke in football. I think an argument could be made for 8 but 16 would feature too many meaningless games.

midswat

... soon
People lambasting “too many bowl games” while also championing for 16 teams in a NCAA championship tournament are dumb.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There is a much greater chance of upsets in basketball. There's no way Sam Houston could have ever beat Duke in football. I think an argument could be made for 8 but 16 would feature too many meaningless games.
I think it should be 8 too. Have the p5 winners and let the committee pick 3

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it should be 8 too. Have the p5 winners and let the committee pick 3
I think that would be fine, let in one team from the non p5 per year if they are undefeated, just because I think the 2010 TCU team would have beaten Auburn or Oregon in 2010.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For all the fine folks from North Dakota and Virginia, I have arranged a weather day that will make them feel right at home in Frisco, Texas. Cold, wet with a smathering of snow mixed with some wind that will chill the bones. Have fun on the outdoor stadium stands at the Star. You are most welcome.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For all the fine folks from North Dakota and Virginia, I have arranged a weather day that will make them feel right at home in Frisco, Texas. Cold, wet with a smathering of snow mixed with some wind that will chill the bones. Have fun on the outdoor stadium stands at the Star. You are most welcome.
Correction. It’s in Toyota Stadium but it’s still in Frisco.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
37th straight win. 8th National Championship in 9 years.

NDSU BISON

:towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom